Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Elcamino

CraigDaModeler

This is one of my very few truly satisfying builds, my 66 Camino. Nothing really special it is a curbside…no engine installed or chassis detail. I just like how it looks and I am kind of partial to ElCamino’s as well.

The paint is HOC (don’t recall the exact color). The splash is blue finger nail polish as is the slight color fade on the nose that tapers on the hood and front fenders. As usual about a dozen coats of clear with some pearl powder added in the early coats and lots of sanding & smoothing along the way till the finial polishing.

It has some photo etch stuff like the grille, rear lettering & door locks. The bed cover was made from the back side of a holloween yard art decoration thingy made out of some kind of thin vinyl (nothing is safe if it can be used in model building :lol: )

It is as low as I could get it without cutting the tires!

PC120006-vi.jpg

PC120017-vi.jpg

PC120019-vi.jpg

PC120020-vi.jpg

PC120005-vi.jpg

Here is my set up taking the photos

PC120027A-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking

Link To 66 Camino Build Folder....More Photos

Thanks for the behind the great Photo Photo.

What is the Paper(?) that it sits on?

This is a very easy base to make. It is a peice of plywood with scale gravel glued on (model railroad stuff).

This one is getting kinda shabby, the next one I make will be a litlle bigger for more forground when photographing.

Here is a closer shot of the board.

PC120028-vi.jpg