Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 camaro build.

buggin' out

So, im back, unfortunatly the bel air and the f1 im planning to build has to go on the back burner as i need to get my 1:1 scale car on the road by july for bug jam, if i can, and i need every penny i can for that, so i will be doing some stuff with the kits i have that are in boxes or that im part way through,i got this and a vw beetle that i will be working on for the mean time.

So, i got this kit a little while just for the sake of it, it was cheap, i like the camaro, the '69 aint my fave year but its the best set the model shop had. Not sure what i will do to it, i will probably just go stock, or close to it, which will be strange for me as i like to just go all or nothing with kits and my 1:1 car, but it will be some good practice.

And here is the build so far, engine painted, chassis put together, the rest is just dry fitted:

WP_20160421_21_04_57_Pro.thumb.jpg.bd569WP_20160421_21_05_12_Pro.thumb.jpg.cf2c2WP_20160421_21_05_47_Pro.thumb.jpg.06c62WP_20160421_21_06_02_Pro.thumb.jpg.5e4c0WP_20160421_21_06_11_Pro.thumb.jpg.c3caf

And there it is for now, i will be painting the dash and sorting that out tomorow, and will look more into the engine in question, i dont know how that particular dual carb setup works, i understand the dual carbs that are in front of each other, but im not sure where the throtle goes, or where teh fuel plumbs in, i also havent got the distributor on yet, i lost it...

i will also be putting up my vw beetle build, and try to work on both. there is also a secret project that im working on, but im not happy with brush painting after painting that set, so im waiting until i paint it with a car before i upload that one.