Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post pics of your fave paint jobs!

philo426

• 2 weeks later...

A 1:8 Gullwing and a 1:8 Ferrari 250 GTO. Just painted the Ferrari . 1:8 has its own set of problems when you paint them. Painting the Ferrari was tough not to run. A lot of little pockets , vents and little spaces, 

IMG_0239.jpeg

IMG_0238.jpeg

IMG_0236.jpeg

IMG_0235.jpeg

3 hours ago, Brudda said:

A 1:8 Gullwing and a 1:8 Ferrari 250 GTO. Just painted the Ferrari . 1:8 has its own set of problems when you paint them. Painting the Ferrari was tough not to run. A lot of little pockets , vents and little spaces, 

IMG_0239.jpeg

IMG_0238.jpeg

IMG_0236.jpeg

IMG_0235.jpeg

Both jobs are great Bruce.  What paints?

On 6/9/2024 at 8:32 AM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Bruce!

Wow, a natural painter, obviously. That blue is spectacular. Bravo!

CT

Thank you Claude. I do paint for a living. I can paint a model. But the rest of a build is kind of hard for me. Your cars are total art. Mine not so much. Maybe one day I can work at CT Designs. I wish I had the imagination you have. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, J.B. Customs said:

I know it’s not a car but it’s my favorite striped and painted with Testors spray can

9C52BA80-CE8F-43F8-AD70-D1B09F142A34.jpeg

This section isn't limited to cars, so your build is certainly welcome here. In fact, there's at least one more talented semi builder who also uses mostly Testors paints and gets great results.  If they turn out like his or yours, I'd say the more the merrier.

As regards paint application, the fact that you pulled that off using rattle cans tells me you've got some wicked talent.  That color combo rocks.  If you don't mind me asking, what exact paints did you use for the pewter and the burgundy?

2 hours ago, Monty said:

This section isn't limited to cars, so your build is certainly welcome here. In fact, there's at least one more talented semi builder who also uses mostly Testors paints and gets great results.  If they turn out like his or yours, I'd say the more the merrier.

As regards paint application, the fact that you pulled that off using rattle cans tells me you've got some wicked talent.  That color combo rocks.  If you don't mind me asking, what exact paints did you use for the pewter and the burgundy?

Root beer metallic lacquer, and Graphite dust metallic lacquer  originally I was going to go with greens but I decided to use what paints I had sitting around at first I wasn’t sure about colors but they did turn out well 

4EE43184-CDDD-4BB3-A6C8-8234B7712C62.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...