Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tires for Mad Max Interceptor?

Hi all, Ive got a pair of Aoshima Mad Max Road Warrior kits & am going to start building them. One as the Mad Max 1 Interceptor from the first movie, I have the resin conversion kit. The other Interceptor out of the box for the Mad Max 2 Road Warrior. I was looking at the tires & am wondering how accurate they are? They look way to modern. Here they are -

image~6.jpeg

I know the tires are BF Goodrich Radial TA but what is the tread Pattern like? Fireball Modelworks have some BF Goodrich Radial TA but Im wondering if they may be to late as well. Here is the tread Pattern like Fireball have -

tire-radial-t-a-hero.png

I did some research & wonder if the tread pattern should look like these vintage BFG Radial TA -

__35.jpg

Anyway is there any Mad Max experts that can help. Also where the tires can be purchased in 1/24. If I can find the correct tires Ill use them. Cheers!

Edited by mopargreg

I always read that the car had the old style treaded BFG's in the front and the modern tread in the back... or maybe vise versa. I can't exactly remember now. 

I think that these wheels would look the best on the Interceptor. 

They're nice and wide and I think they'd fit the body better. The kit wheels/tires suck in too much in the back.