Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 pro mod chevelle, 12/27 Scoop is here!


Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

20210103_065411-vi.jpg

New oil pan for dry sump set up!

20210103_091513-vi.jpg

Got the dry sump pump just about done. I need to finish up the photo etch for the rear end then move onto the engine pieces as there is some parts that need to be photo etched instead of 3d printed.

20210210_200717-vi.jpg

Engine program is moving along nicely at this point and am nearing the end of all the parts for it! (finally!) lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Dave! It's certainly getting there! I got involved with a instagram build off with this thing so I need to have the engine done in roughly 3 months time. Just want I needed to kick my arse in gear and get this done! A bit difficult working in the 5th wheel trailer whilst we look for a house but I'm making it work. Had to take the printer to work. Trailer too small to have it buzzing away with fumes and a wife and dog here.

Update:

Got the supercharger belt some what figured out! I am literally one tooth too long or 3 teeth to short to having an accurate belt! I need to change the length a bit so the teeth match up correctly but it's BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH close! How close? the mating portion of the belt is .01 too short!

I have some dimensions from rcd so I will be redrawing the belt and going from there to make it correct.

Paul

481x supercharged.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2021 at 3:50 AM, Tortuga Kustomz said:

that's awesome, i believe we are in the same build of on Instagram, am super behind so let see, i like that blower hat for one of my future projects, hope i can get one some day

We are! I've managed to get some paint on a few of the parts. I need to break out the lathe and get busy with the air servos and the adapter ring in-between the lenco cases. I may still machine the rear lid for the lenco but not sure yet. I will probably have the lench assembled this weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Little bit of mock up using blu tack! Getting there! Need to locate some carbon fiber for the valve covers still. (Hence the black paint)

20210217_184028.jpg

Edited by mr68gts
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had some time to fix the injector hat tonight. Looks much better I think. When mocked up with the old one it looked to wide. Still need to change the spacer to look more like Matt Bohr posted a while back.

Paul

20210219_225000.jpg

20210219_225020.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

played with the scoop some more! After several more hours of changes and fixes I  am now going to leave it and get it ready for printing! I did leave the spacer alone instead of changing it. Changing it would require a new supercharger print as I'd have to change the flange at the supercharger to reflect what Matt Bohr had posted.

Assembled with the supercharger and spacer.

 

assembled supercharger.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the baddest blower hat I've ever seen and one of absolute favorites.  Your efforts to "massage it" to make it even better were well worth it.  cheers, tim

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2021 at 4:22 PM, Codi said:

That's the baddest blower hat I've ever seen and one of absolute favorites.  Your efforts to "massage it" to make it even better were well worth it.  cheers, tim

Thanks Tim! It was definitely a move in the right direction even though it was a giant pain in the rear to go back in a modify it all! I can't wait to print it and see how it comes out. I have some new precision model resin coming next week to give a try! With all these engine parts nearing the end it's going to be time to build soon!

Paul

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! Sobi had a couple of mishaps. The timing cover chipped while drilling and there's an issue with the front end. Discouraged but not swayed, this model will still get done. Just gotta concentrate on the engine for now and go from there. 

Head studs are in and I'm making new gaskets for the heads. There are "dowel pins" that properly locate the heads to the block so I had to drill the holes first then cut the gasket to shape....

20210314_082729.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting further along with this engine! Valve covers have been covered in carbon fiber from scale motorsports and semi gloss cleared. Just gotta drill for the hardware and install the bolts. I chipped the front timing cover drilling for the hardware and had to print a new one. Its been printed and is ready to prep and paint. Hopefully this one goes better than the last...🤣

20210317_044909.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting seriously close to printing all of this thing! New timing cover since I chipped the other one. Injector spacer printed awesome! Kinda surprised it printed as its pretty thin along with the blower belt!

IMG_20210318_074755_743.jpg

20210319_211305.jpg

20210319_212905.jpg

20210319_212915.jpg

20210320_144427.jpg

20210320_154348.jpg

20210320_174208.jpg

20210320_174224.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...