Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Conforti Mack DM821SX 03/11/17 update


Recommended Posts

There’s no better way to start a new year than with a new project :D

wobblewheeltrailer_zpsb791gjws-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

First order of business is the front suspension modification. The spring height has been altered to match the hardbar suspension height

IMG_0483_zpstljgsyrt-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The metal front axle is from KFS:

IMG_0484_zpsaw4dh27z-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The tires are 14 X 24 from AITM…6 spoke fronts, 8 spoke rears:

IMG_0499_zpsci5vxd6l-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’ve got an E9 V8 engine on order from Auslowe that will replace the kit supplied ENDT 865. 

 

 

Edited by Tesla
Link to post
Share on other sites

dennis , nice choice

, lookin already good

if you want see this model for reference go to page 19 and you see how a friend of my build this one

he has also make a subframe and steeraxle for this model

just for help

jacobus

Link to post
Share on other sites

dennis , nice choice

, lookin already good

if you want see this model for reference go to page 19 and you see how a friend of my build this one

he has also make a subframe and steeraxle for this model

just for help

jacobus

Thank you Jacobus! Actually, Hessel's model is what inspired me to start this project. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

These trucks just look so "right" adding the heavy tires and suspension .  the kit trucks look tiny now . 

Are you building the subframe for yours also

I might be wrong, but I believe Hessel built a sub-frame because of the tire height and the

 camelback suspension. This setup would put the axle center closer to the frame, and with the large tires the sub-frame

might have been installed for clearance reasons.

I’m using a hard bar suspension which increases the distance between the frame and axle.

I did build run-up ramps just tall enough to clear the fenders.

I’ll do a mock-up in the next few days…it’s easier to see it than explain it. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

After completing the diamond plate for the front fenders, I fabricated the rear fenders.

 

 This picture shows the bends in the diamond plate and the aluminum strip I used for the fender to retain its shape:

IMG_0489_zpsiefgkh7i-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

 

 

 

 

 

Here’s the aluminum strip glued to the underside of the fender:

IMG_0496_zpsjfnibbyn-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

 

 

 

 

Mockup pics of what’s done so far:

IMG_0503_zps59mkqa81-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_0505_zpsrssknnz4-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_0506_zpscpzaml1l-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

IMG_0507_zpshn3oo2oh-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Tesla
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...