Model Cars Magazine Forum

71-73 Mustang parts Missing link

I hope Kevin offers these parts for builders of the AMT and MPC Mustang kits.  I destroyed an expensive diecast model so molds could be made of the ram air system, shock tower braces, third member and other parts.  Check out the picture of the original parts and some copies.  If you are building a 71-73 Mustang leave a post here or see below.

IMG_0646.JPG

Edited by vamach1
edit

Hey Rex. Looks like an interesting stash of parts. On question I have is most die casts are 24th scale so will these parts fit on the the 25th scale AMT/MPC kits?  I also have a Testors Platinum series BOSS 351 that is missing a few pieces and am guessing some of these will work for me. Send me a PM for a possible trade.

I'd buy more 71-73 kits if I had these parts! 

I'd love to have a better chassis/under hood detail one of these days too... that MPC/AMT chassis is caca

Missing link sells resin copies of an accurate underhood area. The underhood parts from the 71-73 Cougar will work too.

Edited by sfhess

Missing link sells resin copies of an accurate underhood area. The underhood parts from the 71-73 Cougar will work too.

They're accurate for a Torino/Fairlane. Not a Mustang. 

Yes, with some work the Cougar part will work. I've considered hacking up a chassis or two to make it work better.

Yes , I am . The '71 is the lone ranger built without the Ram Air Parts . The '73 is a frozen WIP lacking anything close to a respectable Interior . The '72 & '73 are lacking the Ram Air parts as well but exist as WIPs  . Thanx .. 

Thank you Rex for the shock tower braces for my two 71 Cougar tribute builds I have coming up.

I have to say these parts are the most accurate I've seen. The MPC and AMT parts of these are no where close to accurate, I was planning on scratch fabricating these, you saved me a lot of time. 

I appreciate your generosity, you're another reason this hobby can be so fun and rewarding, thank you again

Thank you Rex for the shock tower braces for my two 71 Cougar tribute builds I have coming up.

I have to say these parts are the most accurate I've seen. The MPC and AMT parts of these are no where close to accurate, I was planning on scratch fabricating these, you saved me a lot of time. 

I appreciate your generosity, you're another reason this hobby can be so fun and rewarding, thank you again.

Glad to share some of the parts Kevin sent as a thanks for letting him make the molds and shout out to Georg53 for casting them.  Hopefully we will see more of the other parts at NNL east.

• 3 years later...

Contact Kevin Lutz kawifreek@msn.com or checkout the Missing Link Facebook page.  He also sells on EBay.  He should have the bumpers and grilles but the other parts (ram air) were not part of his regular offerings.  I loaned him the “masters” so that is where the first ones came from but I cannot say if there are any left.  I still have the original parts set aside.  Perhaps if there is enough interest Keven or George53 can make some more (NNL East anyone?).  With the Round2 AMT 007 Mach1 coming out the ram-air would be a nice under hood accessory as would the special air cleaner assembly (similar to a Boss 429) to make a 351C or 429SCJ Mach1.  Of course finding correct version of either of these engines is another story.  My batch of about a dozen 71-73 Mustang builds is going slower than I hoped but I did finish a 72 sprint about a month ago that came out pretty good.  I have posted that build along with several other 71-73 Mustangs (AMT, MPC, Testors) the last few years.

Thanks for the info, My build for a '71 Mach1 is on hold while waiting on parts...but going forward with the '70 builds of a 428Mach1, 351C Sportsroof and a resurrected Boss'9 completed in '07 disassembled in '10 and now ?..( I build in both :24 and :25).

6 hours ago, MLouisG said:

Thanks for the info, My build for a '71 Mach1 is on hold while waiting on parts...but going forward with the '70 builds of a 428Mach1, 351C Sportsroof and a resurrected Boss'9 completed in '07 disassembled in '10 and now ?..( I build in both :24 and :25).

Look forward to your builds.