Model Cars Magazine Forum

American Motors Pacer

At one of our local shows, a gent entered a 1978 1/25 scale Pacer, and it was an eye-grabber!

I couldn't locate him, and by the time I found someone who could point him out, he and the Pacer were gone...

I don't know if it was resin, but it was sharp. I have an idea for a Pacer, so am searching out a kit, if there was such an animal.

Anyone know? Thanks! :lol:

Yes, I built the '76 annual myself when I was a kid. Nice 6cyl AMC engine if you can find one.

Thanks, guys, for the response! Thanks to Zeb for the personal msg., I'm gettin' it!

The 6 cyl. engine would be a perk, as I'm doin' some inliner cars, and there are never enough sixes...

Someone said AMT but I don't remember that. Maybe they made them too but the one I built was MPC.

pacer.jpg

What kind of road racing are those tires for, dirt road?

Now that I look at that intake manifold more, it looks like there wasn't much change in the design used on the 4.0l version used from '87-'98 other than to make it an EFI manifold in aluminum!

Edited by Joe Handley

What kind of road racing are those tires for, dirt road?

Now that I look at that intake manifold more, it looks like there wasn't much change in the design used on the 4.0l version used from '87-'98 other than to make it an EFI manifold in aluminum!

Those are Suburban snow tires. Yes the engine would look good in a Jeep!