Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Calsonic Skyline GTR

aido76

A good effort at a first one, Aiden. Nice detailing and good decal work. Clean build with no blemishes, finger prints or glue noticeable. I'm still working on perfecting some of those things myself. To make that model pop, you really need to work on the orange peel in the paint. Not saying you need to be able to put down a perfect paint job right away. I still can't. Learning to color sand the paint and use a polishing system will really improve the finish. Watch some Youtube videos or do a search here on the forum for color sanding and polishing paint. It's really easy when you learn.

Here's a link on how to search the forum. http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/74605-a-better-way-to-search-this-site/

Nice one Aiden.

This was one of my favourite cars in the Gran Turismo game. 

They look like thugs in street guise and even more menacing in race mode!

You did a nice job on it, especially the decal work. Very tidy.

I didn't wet sand my first few builds, either. 

But after I tried it on successive builds, I never turned back.

Bang some clear over the colour and then use a Micromesh polishing kit. Then use something like Tamiya fine polishing paste, to make it gleam. ?

Mine's done nearly 30 cars and still has years of life left in the polishing cloths. Well worth the few bucks it cost me. Decals LOVE smooth surfaces and you get no 'silvering' caused by tiny air pockets. They're easier to slide around into position, on a polished surface, too.

Keep 'em coming mate. You got skills!

Nice one Aiden.

This was one of my favourite cars in the Gran Turismo game. 

They look like thugs in street guise and even more menacing in race mode!

You did a nice job on it, especially the decal work. Very tidy.

I didn't wet sand my first few builds, either. 

But after I tried it on successive builds, I never turned back.

Bang some clear over the colour and then use a Micromesh polishing kit. Then use something like Tamiya fine polishing paste, to make it gleam. ?

Mine's done nearly 30 cars and still has years of life left in the polishing cloths. Well worth the few bucks it cost me. Decals LOVE smooth surfaces and you get no 'silvering' caused by tiny air pockets. They're easier to slide around into position, on a polished surface, too.

Keep 'em coming mate. You got skills!

Thanks for the tips ?