Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Chevy Chevelle Wagon

Car Crazy 81

NewPictures-01-1.jpg

I Wanted To Try Something Different On This Wagon it Started Out As A Revell 66 Chevelle Wagon Im Building This One To Look Like My Good Buddys 67 Wagon. This Conversion Wasnt Easy Especially Trying To Get The 67 Chevelle Taillights To Fit. The Fenders Came From A Revell 67 Chevelle SS That I Got In A Trade. Future Plans Are: Electric Blue Paint, Stock Black Interior, Replicas & Miniatures Chevy 327 Ci Engine. The Wheels Came From A Revell 68 Corvette. Enjoy!

Edited by lsufan70072

so did you just add different fenders in the front as in cutting the stock ones of and adding new ones.

Originally When I Removed The 66 Fenders To Make Way For The 67 Fenders I Left The Original Inner Fenderwells Once I Had The 67 Fenders In Place I Had A Huge Gap So I Discarded The Fenderwells I Kept The Original Cowl In Place.

• 3 weeks later...
Heres Some Progress Pics.

NewPictures-9.jpg

NewPictures-1-3.jpg

NewPictures-2-4.jpg

NewPictures-3-3.jpg

NewPictures-5-4.jpg

Well Gang, Heres Some Progress On My Wagon Most Of The Body Work Is Complete I Just Gotta Finish Up Some Cosmetic Work On The Body And Then She Will Be Ready For Paint. The Frame Is Painted & Completed Now I Just Need To Throw In A Engine Still Deciding On Whats Gonna Be Under The Hood. I'll Keep Ya'll Posted.

• 1 month later...

IMG_1037.jpg

I Decided To Paint The Interior Saddle Brown Instead Of Black Wanted Something Different.

Rollin- Im Building This One For Myself The Car Im Making The Model Of Is A Friend Of Mine I Had Not Seen In Years When I Seen The Pic Of The Wagon Something Snapped So I Comenced The Build.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1063.jpg

I Finally Have The Wagon In Paint Its Far From Finished The Hood Needs Some Work Done I Painted It Dupli-Color Dark Blue Its Their Truck,Van & SUV Line The Part Number Is T148. I Find It Came Out Nice They Have Some Flaws In The Body But Im Not Worried About It She Will Be A Shelf Model.

Edited by lsufan70072

Looking good, I've been wanting to do a '67 Elky for a while from the '66 which is essentially the same tool as the wagon. I've been wondering what issues to keep an eye out for.

MJ, where did you find the cowl-induction hood for the '67? All the ones I've been able to find were the wild Outlaw style.

I Hate To Break The Bad News Tradegy Struck On My 67 Wagon I Went To Put The Clear On It Was Looking Nice I Tripped Over The Garden Hose Didn't Realize It Was There The Wagon Fell On The Ground I Fell Face First On Top Of The Wagon Crushing It Into Pieces All That Was Left Is The Fenders. So There Wont Be Any Progress Until I Get A New Body And Start Back From Square One.

I Hate To Break The Bad News Tradegy Struck On My 67 Wagon I Went To Put The Clear On It Was Looking Nice I Tripped Over The Garden Hose Didn't Realize It Was There The Wagon Fell On The Ground I Fell Face First On Top Of The Wagon Crushing It Into Pieces All That Was Left Is The Fenders. So There Wont Be Any Progress Until I Get A New Body And Start Back From Square One.

oho that dont sound good. Dang you have no luck right now. First the 37 convert which get smashed and now you facedive onto the wagon. What are you doing :( Man hope your okay and dont worry now you can start nother one(i know still mad since you put so much work into the other)and make it better :lol: