Model Cars Magazine Forum

Saturday family build.

Robert81

Yesterday, while I was building for the 48 hour Community build, on the TRaK in Scale forum, my son and daughter, wanted to build, too. I had a couple of 1:32 scale snap kits, I had painted up for them, so we had a family build session.

My 6 year old son like the baby blue 69 Camaro.

Picture144.jpg

Picture146.jpg

Picture147.jpg

My 8 year old daughter like the red 68 GTO.

Picture148.jpg

Picture150.jpg

Picture151.jpg

This is my AMT 32 Ford 5 window. I started a 7:00am Saturday the 28 of June, finished 10:00am Sunday the 29 of June. It is not my best work, but it took only 27 hours to finish.

Interior, the steering wheel is from the 56 Ford Victoria.

Picture156.jpg

The engine, the "stock" intake filed down, and the carbs glued on. The exhaust dumps from the 56 Ford Victoria.

Picture160.jpg

A pic outside, the paint is Dupli-Color Metal Specks red. the center of the headlight bar used as a spreader bar.

Picture162.jpg

Side, front wheels fro AMT old tool 57 Bel air, rear chrome steelies and slicks from the 56 Ford Victoria.

Picture161.jpg

I hope you enjoy.

wow those are nice. I personaly like the ford coupe but the others are great too.

Hey man it's got tha right mota aint nothin like a good runnin "Flathead" I should know . Ive owned a 53 Ford panel delivery since 1981. I've been back and forth between Dallas Texas and Richmond Virginia FIVE times, same engine several transmissions though . I do have one comment though, do you or any other people see where A M T may have intentionaly sectioned the body on this kit back when it first appeared in 1960? seems to me that they may have but, maybe we will never know, Still the model is very nice! Ed Shaver