Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for resin tractor grill

Check your local Agway or Tractor Supply store, as I know they sell diecast tractors; you can either pirate the nose from one, or simply make a mold and cast a copy to use.

The swap meet at any rural car/truck show might yield a decent selection as well, as many vendors handle diecasts.

Check your local Agway or Tractor Supply store, as I know they sell diecast tractors; you can either pirate the nose from one, or simply make a mold and cast a copy to use.

The swap meet at any rural car/truck show might yield a decent selection as well, as many vendors handle diecasts.

Only problem might be: Farm toys (diecast miniatures of tractors and the like) use a set of standard, for that type of thing, scales, none of which are 24th or 25th scale. Farm toys traditionally come in 1/64, 1/32, and 1/16 scales.

Biscuitbuilder

Only problem might be: Farm toys (diecast miniatures of tractors and the like) use a set of standard, for that type of thing, scales, none of which are 24th or 25th scale. Farm toys traditionally come in 1/64, 1/32, and 1/16 scales.

Biscuitbuilder

Yes Very True Biscuit, but AMT/Ertl did offer a few Plastic 1/25 Scale Tractor/Farming Equiptment in the Late '70's/Early '80's, and I want to say were reissued in the Late '80's/Early-Mid '90's.... The First Problem is that they are hard to come by and Expensive, but they also don't have anything nearly descent looking to add to a Primer Rod(I know I have tried to find them, and the kits I have seen just don't look right!)... I have also found a few Foreign 1/25th scale tin toy tractors, but you would have to trash the rest of it to get the grille,modify it to look right, and they typically go for $65-150 :)

Edited by Dragon7665

Brad.. This is Rick.. We talked a bit on Sunday.. Im the younger guy who took all your money..lol.. I checked a few stores on my way home.. Toys R us, big lots, kmart, meijers, and wallys.. None had a smaller tractor.. I do have a feed type store local here and Ill check there for you to.. If i find a decent one Ill snap a picture before i buy it. Ill keep ya updated..

• 1 month later...

Ok. I had NO luck finding a scale tractor grill. I thought I might try to scratch build one. Whats the worst that can happen??? I took 2 Revell '32 ford grill shells and some strip plastic and this is the grill that I came up with. This is also the project that I wanted it for.

100_1747.jpg

How did I do?

Ok. I had NO luck finding a scale tractor grill. I thought I might try to scratch build one. Whats the worst that can happen??? I took 2 Revell '32 ford grill shells and some strip plastic and this is the grill that I came up with. This is also the project that I wanted it for.

100_1747.jpg

How did I do?

Well there are/were various Fullsize Tractor Manufacturers all over the World, and I got to say that you have done a Nice job with building one :o Not so much like the Over-done FORDSON Grilles, but alot like my Favorite International/Farmall designs B):blink:B)