Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would YOU like to see as a model

On 11/15/2023 at 7:28 PM, T-Ray said:

Hey, I'd take it.  Even an SRT-4 would be acceptable but I'd really rather have a first gen 

You're in luck.  Made in multiple colors, sedans only.  Dunno what they normally go for, but a couple of years ago a local antique mall had one of these lime green ones for sale for $10.

image.png.2c6b328a62c6c7bb16276a032820ba34.png

11 hours ago, Robberbaron said:

You're in luck.  Made in multiple colors, sedans only.  Dunno what they normally go for, but a couple of years ago a local antique mall had one of these lime green ones for sale for $10.

I think they might have made Coupes as well image.png.b9481a81768414d18e2156f2dc06fea2.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Mike C. said:

I know I keep asking for this one, but I really want to do one of these, full custom. Revell has the old 1/24 Monogram Blazer tooling so that's a good start.

'76 Chalet #0589 in the top pic, '77 #1460 in the bottom pic. Mentioned this somewhere else here at MCM, but for new folks, I'll repeat some of it: I used to own #1747 'til I needed the money more than a big no-ideal-available-place-to-fix-it-up rig. I am the current caretaker of the very old blazerchalet website (paying the bills to keep it online) and I have my hobby fun trying to keep track of every one of these ever made, supposedly only 1,780 (figure comes only from this 1979 article's 2nd paragraph - GM lost the figures for the GMC Casa Grande version, but has said they made 1,555 of the Chevy versions). Another 'custom' that just came up for sale yesterday with 80+ reference photos is Chalet #0258 in Texas. Myself,  I thought the only class win I perhaps could achieve at the GSL contest would be in Factory Stock for one of these, but I never got past figuring out whether the Monogram Blazer / Jimmy was more of an accurate basis then the MPC Blazer or the Revell one. Snagged all three as cheap eBay buildups about a decade back, and that's all the farther I ever got …

The Checker Cab in the picture Jesse put up is such an iconic vehic!e that I am surprised that no one has ever made a kit of it. I think that there may be one of two die cast models about but not as kits.

May be worth some cottage industry maker doing a resin kit?

The Neon was marketed in the UK under the Chrysler brand name. A company I worked for had a couple as runabouts that I used to drive from time to time. The irony was that the TV ads hyped it as being the car that was built to satisfy Americans being the most demanding customers for the car!   My driving experience was underwhelming to say the least and I thought that the styling was bland.