Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Chevrolet Impala SS 396

YBlock292

You got the color as close as you can get to Marina Blue. The interior looks almost factory. The two tone interiors in the Super Sports, the colors were just a couple of shades different from one another. Had a new SS in Danube Blue with Black Bucket seats. A 396 car with a 4 speed and the optional instrumentation that was mounted between the Console and the bottom of the Dash Board. This included a Tachometer where the Clock would normally be. And the Console had four gauges with Water Temp. - Oil Pressure _ Alternator - and Clock. This kit is a very good example of the Super Sport.  I look forward to the rest of your build.  

10 hours ago, espo said:

You got the color as close as you can get to Marina Blue. The interior looks almost factory. The two tone interiors in the Super Sports, the colors were just a couple of shades different from one another. Had a new SS in Danube Blue with Black Bucket seats. A 396 car with a 4 speed and the optional instrumentation that was mounted between the Console and the bottom of the Dash Board. This included a Tachometer where the Clock would normally be. And the Console had four gauges with Water Temp. - Oil Pressure _ Alternator - and Clock. This kit is a very good example of the Super Sport.  I look forward to the rest of your build.  

I built my 2nd one as a Caprice Hardtop in Marina Blue, with a Black Vinyl Roof and Strato Bench seat, and the 1st one was built from an AMT kit as a Convertible in Aztec Bronze. I love these cars.

Alix, I think that the '66 Impala has already been dropped. I am in the same boat trying to find a couple of '63's to finish out my Revell Impala collection. Then have to see if I can find a Modelhaus '66 Caprice. And there was someone that did a '66 Bel Air. Holthaus also did a '66 wagon but his mold gave out and he told me he had never sold enough to redo his master to make a new mold. But that was long before he ever announced his retirement. But I have seen someone on e-bay offering a '66 wagon lately, but was not at my computer to bookmark it. I will have to look again when I can actually sit at my desk and not be in too much pain. Fun part of getting older and breaking bones when you fall while just walking to the kitchen. A broken hip and shoulder from something so trivial is not fun! No fun story to tell people what you were doing at the time to make it worthwhile.

Edited by socal76