Model Cars Magazine Forum

Camaro Concept Car

snack truck

This is Revell's Camaro concept Snap Tite Kit (85-1944). Kit was molded in Silver plastic. I painted it Tamiya's Light Metallic Blue (TS-54), gold foiled the bow ties front and rear, BMF the outside rearview mirrors, as there was no chrome piece to represent mirrors, carpeted the interior with grey embossing powder, slight detail to the rest of the interior, gold foiled the brake calipers and BMF'd the front and rear marker lights and painted them with apporpriate clear colors. I also put BMF behind the tail lights to add depth. Then I put 2 coats of wax on. The wiper blades were molded into the front windshield, so I high lighted them with a black sharpie. If this build looks at all familiar, that is because it was featured in SAM as a project to show how a snap tite kit can be spruced up. Also was revied in the last issue of Model Cars Magazine. I don't normally build snap tite kits, but the car looked so sharp, that I just had to give it a try. I hope you enjoy.

hpim3274912.jpg

hpim3285499.jpg

hpim3288988.jpg

hpim3302535.jpg

Edited by snack truck

If this build looks at all familiar, that is because it was featured in SAM as a project to show how a snap tite kit can be spruced up. Also was revied in the last issue of Model Cars Magazine. I don't normally build snap tite kits, but the car looked so sharp, that I just had to give it a try. I hope you enjoy.

hpim3274912.jpg

hpim3285499.jpg

hpim3288988.jpg

I bought that kit just because of those articles. I was really impressed that a snap kit could look so good. I've bought a couple other Revell snaps since then, just for "fun" builds.

;)

Moon, that is what I did also. Just for fun, but I did a 57 Chevy a couple of montsh ago, and did my first BMF attempt on it, and it turned out super. This Concept turned out great, because the paint laid down so nicely, that it couldn't help but be sharp. Would like to see yours, once you have finished it.

This is Revell's Camaro concept Snap Tite Kit (85-1944). Kit was molded in Silver plastic. I painted it Tamiya's Light Metallic Blue (TS-54), gold foiled the bow ties front and rear, BMF the outside rearview mirrors, as there was no chrome piece to represent mirrors, carpeted the interior with grey embossing powder, slight detail to the rest of the interior, gold foiled the brake calipers and BMF'd the front and rear marker lights and painted them with apporpriate clear colors. I also put BMF behind the tail lights to add depth. Then I put 2 coats of wax on. The wiper blades were moded into the front windshield, so I high lighted them with a black sharpie. If this build looks at all familiar, that is because it was featured in SAM as a project to show how a snap tite kit can be spruced up. Also was revied in the last issue of Model Cars Magazine. I don't normally build snap tite kits, but the car looked so sharp, that I just had to give it a try. I hope you enjoy.

hpim3274912.jpg

hpim3285499.jpg

hpim3288988.jpg

hpim3302535.jpg

LOOKING SHARP!!!!! boy i cant wait to see the real thing in production ,its said they will come out next year