Model Cars Magazine Forum

this one's taking too long

thought i'd share a few more pics of the the convoy mack with you all. after fixing the sleeper in the wrong location and repairing all my errors from the previous week, i took her outside for some in progress shots, and was quite pleased with the results. unfortunately, i've only just noticed that the push bumper is way too short and should cover more of the front, and a new one will have to be scratchbuilt. for every part that seems to go on, another two seem to have to come off!!! this one just doesn't want to be built. any comments, good or bad, would be most welcome.

cheers

andy-b-

post-3033-1216670981_thumb.jpg

post-3033-1216671024_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I give you top marks for taking on this project.

At the risk of being shot to bits that sleeper looks like a double sleeper from a Kenworth.

Good luck to you on your project and as long as your happy at the end of the day thats all that matters.

I look forwad to seeing more photo's

Cheers

John

hi all

the sleeper's actually a chopped up revell pete sleeper with the cutout from an italeri, though the kenworth one would have been closer to the original able body sleeper. didn't have a spare one though.

push bumper should extend further downwards covering more of the front wheels, dont know whether or not to ditch the whole ertl kit part and scratchbuild the whole thing or just to mod it. anyway, the whole project is on a back burner at the moment, busy making new dumpsters for my first gear trash truck

fleet.

thanks for looking

andy-b-

• 5 weeks later...

Andy,

This looks an interesting project and you made good progress. It looks good to me so far. Does Dave Natall offer an ABLE body sleeper? I thought I saw one on his web site www.airtruckmodels.com This is a difficult project since there is a lot of scratch building required but having had a look at some of your other builds is well within your capabilities. I will look forward to the finished photo's. Just a couple of questions: Which version is this one based on? Why was the fifth wheel set at the end of the frame? Always wondered that.

Good Luck with the rest of the build.

Best Wishes

Dave Bates