Model Cars Magazine Forum

53 Studebaker Sportsman WIP UPDATE 8-8-08

Slim Louis

Looking for headers for my 35 Chevy coach the other day in a Studebaker box, low and behold, I found some stuff I had forgotten all about! A 53 Stude post sedan, drag altered wheelbase I started to redo, sent to me from my friend Marty! And an assembled roll cage, the other one from the kit that supplied the cage in my 57 Ford, a Boss 429 I started to build then realized I had nothing it would fit in! And my favorite 57 Chevy chassis! Check it out, life is good! A late 60s Permatex Sportsman car in the making!Wheels by Fred' Resin Workshop!

DSCN3579.jpg

DSCN3577.jpg

DSCN3575.jpg

DSCN3573.jpg

Edited by Slim Louis

I am still waiting on this one to be finished.

Where did you get that body at? I want to get a modified stocker body. and an outlaw(?) body to do one. I keep seeing them on ebay but its always when i dont have the money for them.

Thanks Blue, that is correct! I'm pretty sure you can still find them! If you get one with extra glass, keep me in mind, we'll make a deal!

I have 2 with that flimsy thing you are suppose to trim for glass.

One is almost done and the other is kinda busted. the kits I mean. What modifications did you make to the body?

Todays the second, Saturday, yesterday was the update, you already commented on it. The next update, should I live so long, will have an updated date on for your reference. Thank you for your kind observations. Scuze me, gotta go take my meds! :lol:

Edited by Slim Louis

Todays the second, Saturday, yesterday was the update, you already commented on it. The next update, should I live so long, will have an updated date on for your reference. Thank you for your kind observations. Scuze me, gotta go take my meds! :lol:

Oh so sorry sir, me apologize, days are running together.

Thanks Blue, that is correct! I'm pretty sure you can still find them! If you get one with extra glass, keep me in mind, we'll make a deal!

Hello Again Slim

The Windshield out of the AMT '53 will fit with just a bit of heat to reshape the lower portion. Top and side to side fit is perfect.

Ed Erbeck Jr.

Thanks for that information Ed, I have a couple of those windshields, I'm going to use the rear glass and cut some clear styrene to fit the windshield. Got that big ol' motor to fit without cutting ahole in the hood! Hope to have some new pics up today!

Still have a lot to do yet but this represents quite a bit of work on the motor and chassis..., body too, for that matter. That big Hemi sure fits good in there, plenty of room to work on it, and the hood fits over it too! Yes there is a carb under that air cleaner, a big one, too!

DSCN3613.jpg

DSCN3611.jpg

DSCN3610.jpg

DSCN3615.jpg

The chassis is close to done, when I can find the right tires I could probably finish this thing up, the decals are printed and ready to go. I might need to make fender flares if the tires are to low and wide, which will more then likely be the case. Thank you all for you patience with this mess, hope to have it finished and put all ya'll out of your misery real soon!

DSCN3628.jpg

DSCN3629.jpg

DSCN3627.jpg

DSCN3631.jpg