Model Cars Magazine Forum

Otaki 1/12 Lamborghini Countach Twin Turbo...Mission Statement

Dann Tier

Today i jumped right in on the fuel system!, after i SB the fuel pump, i can install it all.

-Photo 1; Here are the kit supplied fuel tanks...

-Photo 2; I needed to remove the two unrealistic "caps", so i used tape to protect the surrounding areas while i worked on them.

-Photo 3-5; Since i was going for an updated, lightweight plastic look, i decided to ditch the tank straps, and SB a molded-in bracket look. After the glue dries, i will paint all the stuff i added here, as well as make bolts for everything.   Its now time to SB a fuel pump!

64301668_618771161976551_7500244935954661376_n.jpg

DSCF8560.JPG

DSCF8562.JPG

DSCF8563.JPG

DSCF8564.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

19 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Sweet tanks!!! Engine and front suspension look great too

Love this level of detail B)

Tanks, bud!!, i have all the last bits of the fuel system all SB, but i wont be able to paint them until Monday. Its my first ever large scale build, and its been a BLAST!!, i have a couple Porsche 911's that will be fun to build as well!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2019 at 10:41 PM, 935k3 said:

Your doing a great job. Allot of kits and builders omit the fuel tanks on mid-engine type cars. Yours look great. What gold are using for the suspension bits?

Thanks, bud!, i am using Tamiyas TS gold spray paint.

• 1 month later...

Hey, everyone!, i'm back at this one!!...here are the next bits about to be painted today -fuel pump...lines...and compression fittings -all SB. After these are done, i will start working on the rear break system, which will include upgraded Carbon Ceramic rotors....thanks for following!!

DSCF8579.JPG

DSCF8580.JPG

DSCF8581.JPG

Dan....this build caught my eye. And then I spent over an hour going through it. What incredible attention to detail. I don't think it matters what scale you build , you always seem to go the extra mile and your results are superb.  A good friend of mine is tackling this very kit and I recently took these pictures of my build of the same from 20yrs ago to help him along. I will send him this link as well.  . Hope you don't mind if I post them on this thread.  Sure do wish this forum was around when I built this. I t was a great kit but I would have liked to take it to another level like you are doing. 

DSC06741.JPG

DSC06743.JPG

DSC06744.JPG

19 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Dan....this build caught my eye. And then I spent over an hour going through it. What incredible attention to detail. I don't think it matters what scale you build , you always seem to go the extra mile and your results are superb.  A good friend of mine is tackling this very kit and I recently took these pictures of my build of the same from 20yrs ago to help him along. I will send him this link as well.  . Hope you don't mind if I post them on this thread.  Sure do wish this forum was around when I built this. I t was a great kit but I would have liked to take it to another level like you are doing. 

DSC06741.JPG

DSC06743.JPG

DSC06744.JPG

Thanks, Rich!!, looks like you did a Fabulous job on it!!!  -and its aged VERY well!!   I dont mind you posting it here at all, infact, do you have any under-bonnet photos?  Its great to hear that others are still building this kit!

4 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, Rich!!, looks like you did a Fabulous job on it!!!  -and its aged VERY well!!   I dont mind you posting it here at all, infact, do you have any under-bonnet photos?  Its great to hear that others are still building this kit!

Dan...not much to see here I am afraid.  Battery, horns and some brake and clutch resevoirs. Mine was motorized and lighted so much of this space was allocated for the battery box (which i removed). I am sure you can spruce up this area a tad. 

DSC06745.JPG

1 hour ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Dan...not much to see here I am afraid.  Battery, horns and some brake and clutch resevoirs. Mine was motorized and lighted so much of this space was allocated for the battery box (which i removed). I am sure you can spruce up this area a tad. 

DSC06745.JPG

Still looks pretty good though!, i wont be lighting mine up. I gotta find a spare tyre for it from somewhere. There is a started one on ebay right now for $70, but i dont know if i'm even that crazy right now.

11 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Still looks pretty good though!, i wont be lighting mine up. I gotta find a spare tyre for it from somewhere. There is a started one on ebay right now for $70, but i dont know if i'm even that crazy right now.

Dan...I have this extra set of Lambo wheels  (two sets actually) and this oddball 1/12 or 1/16 tire. If Lamborghini used one of those space saver tires they might have used a different wheel.  Yours free if you want.  $70 sounds kinda steep for just a spare tire, but if you do the engine as a side display that might be cool. 

DSC06746.JPG

1 hour ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Dan...I have this extra set of Lambo wheels  (two sets actually) and this oddball 1/12 or 1/16 tire. If Lamborghini used one of those space saver tires they might have used a different wheel.  Yours free if you want.  $70 sounds kinda steep for just a spare tire, but if you do the engine as a side display that might be cool. 

DSC06746.JPG

WOW!!, thanks alot, bud!!...i will take the tyre, i have those wheels. let me know how much for the shipping!...thanks again!!

• 5 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Funkychiken said:

Dann, thanks for sharing all the details on this build, it's going to look great when you finish!

No problem, bud!...glad to share!....i'm glad that you like it!!....later today i will be getting back into this one while the new bits on my Invader dry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, everyone!, heres a new update!...i'm working on making the carberators more realistic. Theres still a bit more to do, but heres a loose fitting update...

-Photo 1 & 2; Here is a loose fit of all the bolts, and linkages coming together.

-Photo 3 & 4; Both sides of my new throttle linkages.

-Photo 5; Here i'm pointing at the kits version of a wingnut....i couldnt leave them that way, so i tweaked them -notice the adjacent ones...

DSCF8858.JPG

DSCF8859.JPG

DSCF8860.JPG

DSCF8861.JPG

DSCF8863.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

19 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Dann....great to see you back at this project.  Attention to detail right down to the wing nuts...unbelievable.   

Thanks, bud!!, gonna try to get these carbs finished up today...dying to paint them!...i think i will start SB bits for the front boot area, and see how that tyre you sent me works in there.