Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paint scheme

I need help to find a cool paint scheme for a dragster I I'm doing.I'm looking for something crazy and cool looking.I took a picture of the body parts and I would like you guys to help me find a paint scheme for this car it would be cool if you guys could show one of your builds or a car you have and a car on the Internet would work

1532752842452-14293066.jpg

I agree with Flatout…. if it's the 60s vib your looking for! Also popular of the time.. endless line, panel painting with some type graphic noise inside the panel, lace, acetylene smoke, fades, scallops.....I've been a 1:1 custom painter since the early 70s (see profile) What is old is new again.. I have done more old school paint in the last two years than ever before. I cut my teeth on the afore mentioned techniques.

Pinterest is great source of inspiration for ideas.

Good Luck with your build!

Jimmy "Rass" 

Edited by jwrass

1 hour ago, jwrass said:

I agree with Flatout…. if it's the 60s vib your looking for! Also popular of the time.. endless line, panel painting with some type graphic noise inside the panel, lace, acetylene smoke, fades, scallops.....I've been a 1:1 custom painter since the early 70s (see profile) What is old is new again.. I have done more old school paint in the last two years than ever before. I cut my teeth on the afore mentioned techniques.

Pinterest is great source of inspiration for ideas.

Good Luck with your build!

Jimmy "Rass" 

Thank jimmy and flatout

54 minutes ago, dragmodels44 said:

Here’s the paint scheme I did on that dragster. I followed Tim Boyd’s article on this model when I was trying faded paint jobs. I used metal flake blue and red. Good luck!

7B692E1D-63D8-40CF-9792-BC7C59BAF435.jpeg

E48D27C0-C2EF-44F7-BACB-D6BB21B30EE6.jpeg

When you painted the body how did you hold the body? 

Tyler,

Great job for a first timer! One suggestion I would have is make you fades a bit softer... (meaning give your fades more space... Have them gradually fade from one color (colors) to the next) doing this will give more dimension. If you have any questions PM me.. I'd be happy tp help!

Again Super Job!

Jimmy "RASS" 

3 hours ago, jwrass said:

Tyler,

Great job for a first timer! One suggestion I would have is make you fades a bit softer... (meaning give your fades more space... Have them gradually fade from one color (colors) to the next) doing this will give more dimension. If you have any questions PM me.. I'd be happy tp help!

Again Super Job!

Jimmy "RASS" 

That is not my work it is brag models but here Is one of my newest paint job

20180721_211046.jpg

20180721_211036.jpg