Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford Commercial Vehicles – 2 Pickups and a Stationwagon

These are the three models I have built for the All 15 Varieties of the 1932 Ford project that will be displayed at Deuce Days in Scale July 2019 in Victoria BC Canada. I thought it would be cool to see them altogether. These were all considered commercial vehicles of which in 1932 there were five in total. Other modellers are building their versions of a Sedan Delivery and Panel Truck. The other twelve varieties of the ’32 Ford have either been previously completed or are currently under construction also by other modellers. It is going to be great to see all fifteen varieties of ’32 Fords together as it will not only represent the history of the ’32 Ford but a good segment of the history of ’32 Ford scale modelling.

All three pictured here have also been previously posted separately.

image.png.84ca316bd0e1258a1734ff830381759c.png

I'm a fan of the 32 Ford. Your project sound very interesting! It would be nice to see some pictures of them all together when they're done. Your three Ford are nice. They look very clean. The colors are well chosen. Are you and your friends paint them in original tones? Did you made a plan, who's taking which color so each color is only on one model kit?

If you don't mind: this is my 32 Ford which I completed this year :)

IMAG2327.jpg

7 hours ago, christian-w said:

I'm a fan of the 32 Ford. Your project sound very interesting! It would be nice to see some pictures of them all together when they're done. Your three Ford are nice. They look very clean. The colors are well chosen. Are you and your friends paint them in original tones? Did you made a plan, who's taking which color so each color is only on one model kit?

If you don't mind: this is my 32 Ford which I completed this year :)

Thanks Christian - Your Victoria would be an excellent to have in our display. Initially I wanted all the models to have at least black fenders, wire or disc wheels and flathead engines but realised that would be too big of a restriction to encourage virtually all of my local car modeller buddies to build or donate models for the project. The only restrictions I eneded up on insisting on were that the models had to have fenders and stock height roofs. I will definitely post photos when all 15 varieties are brought together.

Thank you.

Wow! If you'd detailing all the kits, you had to start long time ago! This would be a lot of work. I know, when I'm going to set some wires in the engine bay. I don't wonder, that you decided to stay basically on the kit as it comes.

I will watch your project and happily awaiting the pictures :)