Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mini tubbed 55 Chevy

511 nova

hey Brian, glad I found you here, facebook is too hard for me to follow.  the 55 is looking really nice, as usual. I see you posted up your 67 camaro, now you need to let people feast their eyes on that nova you built.

Edited by tubbs

34 minutes ago, tubbs said:

hey Brian, glad I found you here, facebook is too hard for me to follow.  the 55 is looking really nice, as usual. I see you posted up your 67 camaro, now you need to let people feast their eyes on that nova you built.

I need to retake some pictures of them for sure and post them in the under glass section. Pics will not upload from my phone unless the picture is taken sideways. I may do that this weekend 

12 minutes ago, 511 nova said:

Killer stance al! You need to get this one finished 

thanks, this was green at one time. it stalled because I started to look at colors of 55's on the net. do you know how many 55's are on the net?! really want to do it black. we will see. gotta brush up on my skills a little more.

13 minutes ago, 511 nova said:

I need to retake some pictures of them for sure and post them in the under glass section. Pics will not upload from my phone unless the picture is taken sideways. I may do that this weekend 

very cool. I know that Camaro is really nice, but that Nova.... so sweet. cant wait to see the new pictures.

Hey guys made a little progress in the past few days. I added some embossing powder to the package tray and floor. I also foiled the trim on the door panels. I added an auto meter tach with a shift light because...well they're just cool!  I guess you can tell I finally decided on the color. I still like the idea of silver and have also thought about solid orange(I may have to build 2 more one day). I hope you guys like it and thanks for all the previous comments. 20190108_172005.thumb.jpg.ecc6ab59efc3365444d90f6367cd4369.jpg

20190108_171920.jpg

20190108_171933.jpg

15470811317068396109809925916712.jpg

1 hour ago, Dirty Gringo said:

Killer stance on that one cant wait to see it all completed thanks for sharing 

I can't wait to get it finished. Waiting on engine parts and other parts to arrive. Hopefully have some color on it soon. Thanks for the compliments

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, hope everyone has had fun at the bench! Got a small update. I had a few slot cars to do for some guys so having the bodywork pretty much done I shot some gravity colors rally green. Then it happened!!!! I dropped it! I got it wet sanded out yesterday and reshot the color. I got a chance to spray some clear tonight and it turned out pretty decent. I know it's not a big update but hey 1 step closer. Thanks again everyone for the comments and please let me know if you see anything I can improve on. 

20190121_213056.jpg

20190121_213133.jpg