Model Cars Magazine Forum

I thought I would share my latest one with you. After cutting it down to a daycab, I added hydraulic lift cylinders, working steering, air brake lines, shortened the frame, and some minor weathering.

100_0022.jpg

100_0027.jpg

100_0021.jpg

100_0023.jpg

100_0026.jpg

Here is one of the last in progress shots with the Luberfiner lines added.

100_0013.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by FlatbedKW

WOW! By the looks of this rig, you must've been lucky enough to score an Astro Turbine kit, or you took some parts from a Chevy Titan kit.

The mirrors came from an original issue Chevy Titan kit. They were dechromed, and Bare Metal Foil was used for the "glass" on the mirror. This kit was the most recent issue of the Astro. the color is DupliColor GM#302 Light Metallic Blue. It was the closest match to the pic on the box.

• 2 weeks later...

Ray,

Great looking truck. I like the simplicity of it. It looks right, not to much chrome and fancy bits. Looks ready for a hard days work. The photo shots look good outside in the natural light it really sets the truck off.

Best Wishes

Dave Bates.

PS: Are you still running the 379 Pete. Hope your having more luck with it than the Lemon!!

really neat work. like it. just love those day cabs

andy

Unless you have to drive one :D:lol: We have one we use on the farm.It's rough riding,noisy,and no room what so ever :( But it gets the job done.Plus the ex Old Dominion Freightliners have spoiled us too.

Great build.Looks as tho it's ready to tie onto a gravel trailer and go to work.