Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Chrysler 300 4 dr. ht. Air Trax resin built up

Paul Hettick

On 3/13/2019 at 8:07 PM, restoman said:

I've collected all the pieces... just need to get to it. 

So do I. A friend of my dad had a Mood Indigo 71, that I would detail for him. It was a very nice car with a unique color. It had a black vinyl roof, and a white interior. I believe that I am going to do mine in triple Black. It will look quite sinister with the Black center deep dish 300 wheel covers on pin whites, or a set of 20" 5 spokes in chrome. I have to get my 78 Cordoba done first, as I have the vinyl roof mouldings don't. I have to prime and paint it.

13 hours ago, Ron Hamilton said:

So do I. A friend of my dad had a Mood Indigo 71, that I would detail for him. It was a very nice car with a unique color. It had a black vinyl roof, and a white interior. I believe that I am going to do mine in triple Black. It will look quite sinister with the Black center deep dish 300 wheel covers on pin whites, or a set of 20" 5 spokes in chrome. I have to get my 78 Cordoba done first, as I have the vinyl roof mouldings don't. I have to prime and paint it.

Brilliant minds and all of that... I've got the '78 Cordoba on the bench as well, tho I'm doing it as a '79 300. I owned a '69 Newport Custom 2dr in the mid-eighties that I converted to a 300-looking car with a complete mint black 300 interior, front bumper and taillights. It was still a 383 HP powered ride, but Man! I loved that car! My resin version will be what the 1:1 car would have been like, had I finished it: a deep violet, shaved and lowered,, full skirted cruiser.

Sorry for the thread highjacking...

Beautiful build or a beautiful classic car...!    I think many 4 doors and wagons are underrated as kits they bring a very realistic touch to ones collection...not every vehicle on any given street is a top of the line muscle car...even though many real 4 doors and wagons could have been with what they were equipped with.