Model Cars Magazine Forum

1986 IMSA/GTO ROUSH MUSTANG

3men2s

1 hour ago, Dave Van said:

WOW!! I am working on the Ribbs version of that kit....but it will not look that good!! Nice to see these kits done well.

Thank you, If I ever get to it, I would like to Make Willy's Roush Capri, using the mustang as a base.

14 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

How about a few build details???

I think kit batching a factory capri with the GTO. Need the hatch back with oval glass, tail lights and the front I think I can scratch built with plastic, no real headlights, there were stickers. Again, let me say is just an idea but have not have time.

6682ba949e1d24b5a2846eaf219c415a--mercury-capri-industrial.jpg

44 minutes ago, 3men2s said:

I think kit batching a factory capri with the GTO. Need the hatch back with oval glass, tail lights and the front I think I can scratch built with plastic, no real headlights, there were stickers. Again, let me say is just an idea but have not have time.

6682ba949e1d24b5a2846eaf219c415a--mercury-capri-industrial.jpg

I'm designing that Capri right now. The front end is easy.......that back hatch and glass is tougher. I think Randy Derr did one....I may need to contact him and ask if he still has the buck for that rear glass. Thx

23 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Extremely well built and detailed. It was a great era of the Trans-Am series which appears to very strong again today. Too bad we will never get to build models of the cars currently racing in the series.

Thanks, about todays cars, They are starting to make some like the C7R Corvette and the FORD GT. also there are other manufactures making the new PORSCHES. and the BMW, ACURA and AUDI. Dont care much for the IMSA prototypes right now but the GT classes are on fire

56 minutes ago, 3men2s said:

Thanks, about todays cars, They are starting to make some like the C7R Corvette and the FORD GT. also there are other manufactures making the new PORSCHES. and the BMW, ACURA and AUDI. Dont care much for the IMSA prototypes right now but the GT classes are on fire

I just finished the two Monogram Ford GTP front engine kits. While working on them I watched the IMSA race from Road America. The GTP cars are all ugly looking 'things'.  Nothing like the old Probe, XJR-5 or even 962......all of which I have built or on the 'to do' list. New production car based kits would be cool.

Very nice detailing.  I feel your pain on the decals.  These kits should have come with two sets.  When I build a white car with lots of graphics I usually cut out each large number or letter and apply them after trimming each one as close as possible.  Here's some I built in the 1990's.

IMG_5095.JPG

IMG_5096.JPG

IMG_5098.JPG

IMG_5099.JPG

Edited by vamach1
Pics