Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pay It Forward. 2019 Edition. Seriously.

Great. So far it appears I got shafted on the Ferrari from Quick GMC. No response from him at all after claiming it. Wonderful

Sent out my offering to JC today though.

Edited by Kennyboy
59 minutes ago, Kennyboy said:

Great. So far it appears I got shafted on the Ferrari from Quick GMC. No response from him at all after claiming it. Wonderful

Sent out my offering to JC today though.

Quick GMC doesn't seem to get on a lot. As I write this the last time he was on was before you claimed his kit on Wednesday at 09:11pm.

photo-thumb-11823.jpg

Quick GMC

Members

• Content Count 1,744
  • Joined April 8, 2013
  • Last visited Wednesday at 08:43 PM

I believe you will get the kit once he gets back on and sees it was claimed. That's just me giving him the benefit of the doubt.

18 hours ago, Kennyboy said:

Thanks for the heads-up. I guess when I claim a kit/offer I make sure I see it through until the transaction is complete on both sides. 

Common courtesy 

I know it is tough, but please be patient... I too was in a similar situation and it was rectified beautifully.

I'm sure you will get what you claimed.

10 hours ago, Little Timmy said:

Yep - the '57 was up for grabs.

Send me your address and I will get it out to you.

If we are all on the same page ( it has gotten a bit confusing here )

I will take the 57 Ford.

10 minutes ago, Ctmodeler said:

Let me ask you guys. How does this work for I claim one first or put mine up first ?I don't want to mess your thread up

Thank you 

You claim one first the post up your offering for someone else to claim.

Edited by Scott8950

It's a kit for crying out loud. Just a damned kit.

You have no idea of what this person is going through at this very moment, hopefully and with God's grace it is nothing serious and just a matter of being busy. But on the other side of it, this person could've stepped off the sidewalk in front a bus and is hanging on to dear life or someone very dear to him could be in serious trouble.

Have some patience and some compassion - you may find that you actually like yourself.

Steady up Charles, Kennyboy has not attacked QuickGMC personally he is simply stating facts. You on the other hand.....

Everyone has to play the game for this to work, If you are not in a position to post and PM ASAP then don't claim. That is the rule and will avoid this situation. Just my 2c 

Edited by Bespoke

Way to downplay it. That whole story was built on complete speculation....its not totally about the kit.....

Pay it forward is about honor, you claim something and in return you offer something, and in a timely manner the individual taking part does the honorable thing and actually sends what they offered. If you aren't going to be a part of the process, dont claim anything. Simple as that

So Charles, what you're suggesting is that Kennyboy cannot even mention that he has not received his kit in this forum just in case, in the extremely unlikely case, that QuickGMC has been hit by a bus? That's ludicrous!!

My suggestion is that Pay It Forward be suspended for a while given the current state of affairs, I.E. the Covid 19 situation, and resume it as soon as folks can get around more easily. 

Quite a few businesses have had to shut down and who know, maybe postal is next. Most folks are working from home where possible and some are just home. 

Send out what is due and hold off for a bit on the trading. 

This is just my suggestion, you mileage may vary. 

2 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

My suggestion is that Pay It Forward be suspended for a while given the current state of affairs, I.E. the Covid 19 situation, and resume it as soon as folks can get around more easily. 

Quite a few businesses have had to shut down and who know, maybe postal is next. Most folks are working from home where possible and some are just home. 

I try not to inject my "two cents worth" in very often because I find it only adds to the drama of the day. However I have to say I strongly agree with Daddyfink on this. You should also consider the advanced age of a lot of members. They do not need to potentially be exposed to the virus while waiting in PO lines to ship items. Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

2 minutes ago, KyCarNut said:

I try not to inject my "two cents worth" in very often because I find it only adds to the drama of the day. However I have to say I strongly agree with Daddyfink on this. You should also consider the advanced age of a lot of members. They do not need to potentially be exposed to the virus while waiting in PO lines to ship items. Thank you.

Agreed and agreed!!!! They say germs can last on cardboard for up to 24 hours or more. That being said if the person is just a carrier of the virus and not aware that they have it, the person receiving the box may get more than just a plastic kit!!! I'm awaiting a box in the mail that may sit outside for a day or two just at the off chance a postal worker has touched it not knowing. With my home dynamics and having a special needs daughter I all to well know the ramifications of something like this virus. My daughter being "Immune Compromised" could and more than likely be a stay in the hospital and stand the chance of taking her life! I feel for everyone's safety this should be set aside until better times!!!

15 hours ago, Bespoke said:

So Charles, what you're suggesting is that Kennyboy cannot even mention that he has not received his kit in this forum just in case, in the extremely unlikely case, that QuickGMC has been hit by a bus? That's ludicrous!!

What's the point of mentioning it. We would have heard if something if quickgmc had communicated.

At one point I'd entertained participating however if the attitude is there are no priorities higher than immediately getting a kit ill pass.

The whole purpose of pif was good will which seems to be in short supply.

My '53 Victoria arrived today, so thanks very much to Tom (Modlbldr) for that. We also traded for another Victoria, but I've had a fairly serious financial boo-boo occur, so will be delayed in shipping his trade kit, as well as the Silverado to Dan. I'll make this situation right though, and just as soon as I'm able. I really regret that it happened at all, and hereby offer my public apologies to both Tom and Dan alike. PM's have been sent as well.

kczMev.jpg