Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

Jeffcad

3 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Ooooooooh! Jeff that is soooooo nice! I can see why Bill Mitchell like that design so much he based B-O-C's 1961-'64 four door hardtop C bodies based on that design! Maybe I'll get lucky and snag one off the 'Bay or at a show. I'd definitely like to build that one sometime.

As far as a chassis.............perhaps the Monogram '59 Caddy tweaked a bit? They were pretty much the same albeit shorter for the Brougham.

Hey Bill ! Thanks ! ;)  Yes if you find a '60 brom kit somewhere jump on it cause they're really tough to find now...Thanks for the tip on the monogram Chassis. Got a few in stock...Never thought about it, it's a great idea and worth the try !. 

On 29 octobre 2019 at 1:39 PM, Merkur XR4Ti said:

Beautiful car! What is the paint color that you used?

Hi Steve. The paint is Dupli-color Perfect Match "Teal-Sarcelle Metallic". It looks like a mix of 1962 Cadillac colours "Avalon Blue" and "Aleutian Grey Metallic". Dupli-color paints are the only car paints available here.

Jean-Phillipe, I found a nice Jo-Han '62 Fleetwood with good chrome and glass today at the Atlanta swap meet from its original owner!  The body and interior are going into the purple pool very soon.  I never heard back from Page Resin after he said that he didn't have any more 4-doors, and gave up on him quite a while ago.  I'll paint the model maroon/cream two-tone with a cream-colored interior.  The styrene was originally cream or off-white.

10 hours ago, Tiger89 said:

Jean-Phillipe, I found a nice Jo-Han '62 Fleetwood with good chrome and glass today at the Atlanta swap meet from its original owner!  The body and interior are going into the purple pool very soon.  I never heard back from Page Resin after he said that he didn't have any more 4-doors, and gave up on him quite a while ago.  I'll paint the model maroon/cream two-tone with a cream-colored interior.  The styrene was originally cream or off-white.

Hi David, great catch !!! :) Not easy to find in good condition now!. Sad to learn that Pedro doesn't have Sedans in stock anymore... Of course I'd love to see your restauration, so I hope you'll share it with us. :) . I really like the colours you are planning and think it's great choice on that specific model. I do have a 62 Fleetwood that also needs restauration, built in black, a bad paint with "orange peel effect" and glue stains everywhere...I have no idea when i'll start it,....too much Cadillac conversions started on my desk now. ;)

Making progress on the Fleetwood restoration.  The chrome on the front & rear bumpers is sort of yellowish, but I think I'll just leave it.  The 3-spoke steering wheel is wrong, but the one from AMT's '62 Pontiac will work nicely, plus it has a separate chrome horn ring.  Two inside mirrors were provided with that kit.  Windshield may work from that kit as well, but the Jo-han glass is ok.  Revell's '62 Impala may supply the outside mirror. I'll post some pics when it's done.

9 hours ago, Tiger89 said:

Making progress on the Fleetwood restoration.  The chrome on the front & rear bumpers is sort of yellowish, but I think I'll just leave it.  The 3-spoke steering wheel is wrong, but the one from AMT's '62 Pontiac will work nicely, plus it has a separate chrome horn ring.  Two inside mirrors were provided with that kit.  Windshield may work from that kit as well, but the Jo-han glass is ok.  Revell's '62 Impala may supply the outside mirror. I'll post some pics when it's done.

Hi David, excellent news !. Don't give up the good work, can't wait to see the finished model... :)

• 3 weeks later...