Model Cars Magazine Forum

Has anyone attempted or done a step notch to a frame? I am looking to do one on a truck but i seem to not find any info on going about doing so. Its on a truck im doing as a memorial to my dad and just wanted to know how to go about it. Thanks yall. 

Several builders have done it in WIP's of their truck builds.  I have never attempted it, but do hope to do so in the future.  Maybe you could go through some of the older posts of custom trucks and see if you can find some better information.

I built a notched frame for a model. But, I started from scratch. The best advice I can give you is do a search on YouTube. You can adapt the same procedures to your model.

If you're just notching it the thickness of the frame, it's really simple. Glue a new frame section on top of the frame, allow it to dry well and then just trim the old frame section away. Your frame will still be square and still the right length.

If you want a lot of notch, you'll have to make your C section first. I use styrene strip that scales out to 2.5 x 4. Then glue it to the frame and trim away the old section. 

Here's a couple of photos of the one I built. May or may not help you out.

45827124285_b1a42fdaff_b.jpg

46018020334_83d6e8cb75_b.jpg