Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/32 Mack B-61 Tandem axle Tractor

I’ve been working on this for a little over two years thought I’d try to finish this thing up I’m leaning more towards the 1/32 scale due to the size and Limited space I have

The truck is a JMT promotional truck and the frame is a monogram 1/32 scale R Model Mack that I’ve modified and added the tanks to. The interior is zinc chromate green and the gearshift knobs or pale green enjoy the pics

39E86DAB-CC8F-413B-9F9E-90286AEF7821.jpeg

B3D5F04B-C950-4958-B210-F65177F77AFC.jpeg

A676E5F2-6C79-4E3D-A936-C4CA517FE30F.jpeg

58A27C96-3FFD-4378-8A60-5C5F84683B5B.jpeg

58AEF4BE-605A-4C1F-84EA-DA1FFE08A64C.jpeg

697398AB-8806-4062-9DB0-397EED3AD59D.jpeg

Thanks Brian 

This goes together much Easier than 1/25 scale and there’s no guessing on the windshield and such and trying to fit other parts. Another reason I like this 1/32 scale it’s a space saver and you don’t have much revenue invested in it I’ve just about gave up on 1/25 scale. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys

Me too, I’m kinda getting tired of building model kits with almost 300 parts after about 40 years of building these kinda kits I’m really liking this 1/32 scale and 1/43 low parts count kits. I have built a lot of them when I was a kid. I will have more 1/32 trucks on the bench soon. I’m working on the mirror brackets now than this one will be done

Edited by Pete68

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To mix species, your Bulldog is a real chunky monkey, looks great. On a shelf, in your collection that will look as good as anything else.

I bought the 1/32 Monogram trucks because I had them when I was a kid and was sorry I ever got rid of them. I find them quite enjoyable and deliver a decent result with a bit of effort. You can't go nuts on detailing because it's not there! I like that you can mock them up without gluing anything so you can finish your day's work and sit looking at it. The size difference makes a difference too. Lot to be said for them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 2:19 AM, Pete68 said:

Gator. I have to agree with you looks better with the winch I need to put the cable on it and the mirrors and call it done

Lee, What are you going to use for the winch cable ? I use braided fishing line from Muskie Master .

Be Well

Gator