Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Chevrolet Chevelle SS396

GeeBee

Geoff, that thing is a masterpiece. I have been following your progress on it and was anxiously awaiting seeing the finished product. I am currently working on the special edition model of it, so I've been using your posts as a reference. That thing looks incredible, and much deserving of the magazine spot.

2 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

Beautiful work. Your camera seems to struggle with the depth of field/focus.

Not at all, I was focusing on the part i wanted to emphasise, some have the front grille out of focus while the front windshield is in focus, I could have stopped down the aperture and got everything in focus, but decided to try some selective focus shots.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I've thoroughly enjoyed this build, it's a cracking kit, with no fit issues at all, since building the AMT Chrysler 300, I've been using MCW Lacquer paint,which I'm sure has made a great difference to my paint finish, I've enjoyed it so much I'm going to buy another one, but paint it in a different colour and do the parchment interior with the other set of wheels supplied in the kit.