Model Cars Magazine Forum

Terry Jones, 'Monty Python' Co-Founder and British Comedy Icon, Dies at 77

Mike C

I recently watched the whole series on Netflix plus other shows they had on there about the Pythons. And I recently watched the Holy Grail and Life of Brian. I had to watch Life of Brian on Christmas Eve. It was the right day for it. Python has given us lots of laughs. Their comedy is timeless. They went where no other comedies had gone before.

All I can say is :The Meaning of Life" and Jobberworkey" are my favorites along with the "Spam' Episode are what I have in my collection of films . "Bring my meal in a bucket and don't try to cheat me ."  RIP Terry .. God Bless the loved ones he left behind .. Thanx   

This one bummed me out. I've been a Python fan since the early 80s. My British upbringing included their albums, and fairly regular viewings of the movies. And every time PBS did a pledge weekend, it was a steady stream of the series or our tv.

Looking forward to hearing about what kind of shenanigans the remaining members get up to at his service. Like they did when Graham died in 89.

"He's not the messiah, he's a naughty boy."

He is no more...

sad news , I remember as a kid hearing my mom rolling with laughter, I snuck downstairs to see what was so funny, she was watching the holy grail, she let me watch it for a bit with her, I didn’t get it at the time,  but when I got older , I watched it , and got it, have it on dvd, absolutely love that movie. 

those boys got it, on so many different levels, so glad we can still enjoy the shenanigans......

Sad to hear about Terry Jones. :(

CONFUSE-A-CAT!! That has to be one of my FAVORITE Monty Python skits! I also liked how they would take digs at the Queen with some hilarious stuff! :lol: :lol:

Sadly as Bill said, they couldn't get away with even half the stuff they did today. Waaaaay too much wound tight PCism which I wish would take a hike.

15 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Two of my favorite skits with Terry were "The Cheese Shop", and "The Dead Parrot" skits.

Hilarious!! :lol:

Steve

Steve - I too love these sketches - but Cheese Shop and Dead Parrot were both performed by Michael Palin and John Cleese. Mr Jones wasn't in them.?

But I'm sorry Terry went the way he did, he was one of the best (as were / are all of the Pythons).  

Sad to hear about the passing of Mr Terry Jones.  Life of Brian and The Holy Grail are some of my favorite comedies!!

It's been too bad that my wife doesn't get there humor...Like the last few days,  I've been wearing my "Killer Rabbit! Runaway, Runaway" hooded sweatshirt some people get it some don't.

5 hours ago, DonW said:

Steve - I too love these sketches - but Cheese Shop and Dead Parrot were both performed by Michael Palin and John Cleese. Mr Jones wasn't in them.?

You're right!

It's been a while since I had seen either skit, and they were so young back then, Palin and Jones kind of looked alike.

Then I amend my picks.

Terry as "Mr. Creosote" in The Meaning of life, was "a real belly buster", if you catch my drift! :lol:

image.png.2f40b30a8189aef88e08ebae789efd23.png

Steve

On 1/24/2020 at 10:27 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

You're right!

It's been a while since I had seen either skit, and they were so young back then, Palin and Jones kind of looked alike.

Then I amend my picks.

Terry as "Mr. Creosote" in The Meaning of life, was "a real belly buster", if you catch my drift! :lol:

Steve

Can't fault that one! ?