Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth Mixer

I’m restoring a builtup if this kit and want to put the original float tires up front , the vinyl tires from the Autocar are too big for the mixer rims( kit plastic tires are made to fit a 20 inch rim).

On 3/17/2020 at 6:48 PM, DrKerry said:

Hmm. I have the Mack mixer. Don’t think the tires are the same....

No they were only in the AMT Kenworth Kit . A worse case scenario is staying with how the original builder did it, stock spoke front rims with the 10:00 x 20 vinyl tires and narrow outer rings or fudging it and using the 22 inch spoke rims from the Diamond Reo and the tires and outer rings from the Autocar Dump front floats!

4 minutes ago, PettyKW43 said:

No they were only in the AMT Kenworth Kit . A worse case scenario is staying with how the original builder did it, stock spoke front rims with the 10:00 x 20 vinyl tires and narrow outer rings or fudging it and using the 22 inch spoke rims from the Diamond Reo and the tires and outer rings from the Autocar Dump front floats!

That may work too, I didn't know if the Mack mixer tires would be anywhere near close or not... Have a good day Rick!!

Kerry ,Shoot me an email on Wilson suspension if you’re still looking, we can swap something I’m sure!

Edited by PettyKW43
Forgot to add name for the message