Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got some more work done this afternoon. I taped up all the trim and hood and painted them semi gloss black. I have a couple of other things left that need to be sprayed, like the door handles, tailgate handle, rear bumper pad, and front air dam. 

The bed has a spray in bed liner look as well. I used the same method I use to do vinyl roofs.  3m Scrap Book Photo Glue. 

I also got all of the gunmetal painted on the flares, front bumper, rear bumper, and grille. 

Super pleased with how this has turned out so far. It’s going to look so good with all the panel lines detailed and the rest of the black finished up. 

D96D55D4-B076-43F9-A6C3-95332C3F773B.jpeg

82E275E9-4F7A-4C92-B061-6833B4F42F9F.jpeg

1C98100E-A364-4272-90B3-19A8F75C4400.jpeg

1BF0F207-30B6-4B9C-A7DF-C80ABD45C597.jpeg

D309C0B7-972D-47D7-A3D1-F13EC3F9CDB6.jpeg

571C0DF4-F823-48D7-8DA4-C361A7504837.jpeg

34AAB710-8955-4692-B28B-4A659752485F.jpeg

Scott,

That looks sooo nice! Great colors for this. The gunmetal accents are a nice touch. Definitely one to be proud of. I have thought about getting one of these for a long time but never did. Your build has convinced me. I bought a partial kit off of eBay last night for $16 shipped. It is only missing the tires and wheels. I have a set of the tires and wheels already that I got in a trade last year. I am.set, although I may need to get a set of those SU tires. Those look nice! I'm thinking Tamiya Mica Red for mine.

Later-

12 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Scott,

That looks sooo nice! Great colors for this. The gunmetal accents are a nice touch. Definitely one to be proud of. I have thought about getting one of these for a long time but never did. Your build has convinced me. I bought a partial kit off of eBay last night for $16 shipped. It is only missing the tires and wheels. I have a set of the tires and wheels already that I got in a trade last year. I am.set, although I may need to get a set of those SU tires. Those look nice! I'm thinking Tamiya Mica Red for mine.

Later-

Thanks man!  I’ve seen these kits built but nobody seems to want to paint the flares and bumpers the color that they’re supposed to be. Everyone does black. I mean it looks great but I want to make it as close to correct as possible. I’m glad mine makes you want to build one that’s awesome! That red will look amazing on it. 

8 hours ago, Ridge Rider said:

I like it a lot, your paint job?  Looks like a ton of seam cleanup for such a new kit but you made it look awesome.

Thank you, there was a good bit of clean up, but not as bad as some stuff I have worked on recently 

49 minutes ago, Jim B said:

Looking awesome!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...