Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT three in one build finished

Johnt671

The custom build is done. It's box stock except for a little bigger tires on the rear. Body color id Boyds Dusty Rose Pearl, and the frame and engine are Testors Metallic Gold. I also posed it with another 25 I did a year or so ago using a lot of scrap parts plus the body I found in my attic from a previous owner.

IMG_0868.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

Thanks Misha. It took more time that the pictures indicate because I was a little slow posting pictures. I'm working on the stock version of the two cars now. and when I finish that one I think I'll start a thread to show all of them.

IMG_0859.JPG

Just working on these models myself so it is good to see how another modeller interprets them.  I particularly like your blue altered dragster.

In the rear shot, I notice you have your rear fenders at two different heights.  Trying two different looks or did one slip/  Don't worry, I only noticed it because it ahppened to me once!

Cheers

Alan

On 4/27/2020 at 8:02 AM, alan barton said:

Just working on these models myself so it is good to see how another modeller interprets them.  I particularly like your blue altered dragster.

In the rear shot, I notice you have your rear fenders at two different heights.  Trying two different looks or did one slip/  Don't worry, I only noticed it because it ahppened to me once!

Cheers

Alan

I can' believe I screwed the fenders up like that and didn't notice it! I really impressed myself on the blue one, but I love that type of drag car. it's one of a few I got to come out better than I thought it would. Considering it was a junk yard body and a parts pack motor it went together sweet.