Model Cars Magazine Forum

One off build quiz - #2 (Deadline: May 31 ,2020 0:00 PM CET)

Here the solution of the 2nd One Off Build quiz. I was looking for a 1947 Gregory Sedan. Beside the Dymaxion, the Coleman and two patents from Ford (1933) and Rover Group (1999) the Gregory has a weird or odd drivetrain: Rear engine and front wheel driven

The correct answer were sent in by

porschercr

Bucky

Ace-Garageguy

dw1603

Well done, congratulations.

The next One off Build quiz will start on June 28, 2020.

Edited by carsntrucks4you

Boy was I off base.  Because of the angle of the photo I could have sworn that it was a prototype based on a Renault 4CV!  Spent all my time rooting around in European manufactures.  Would never have guessed it origins .  I got the rear engine but totally missed the  front wheel drive.   What a weird little car!  Thanks for posting this.  

22 hours ago, Bucky said:

I don't know about now, but I believe this car has spent time in a museum in Nashville, Tn., about 80 miles from where I live. I'll get up there, someday, to check it out. 

That's the only reason I knew what it was. I saw it at its home in the Lane Museum. Definitely check it out when this pandemic mess is over,

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

That's the only reason I knew what it was. I saw it at its home in the Lane Museum. Definitely check it out when this pandemic mess is over,

The Lane Museum has saved my bacon a time or two, including this one. I’d love to visit for real one day.