Model Cars Magazine Forum

76 Nissan Skyline

Cool Hand

That's very cool! Fantastic paint, in the first shot or two I wondered if it was some kind of flip colour.

The wheels are familiar to me from a few Japanese kits and accessory sets, but where did the whitewalls come from?

I just bought this kit, mainly for the wheels to use on another project but it's also good to get a C110 with chrome bumpers and standard arches (not GT-R or the really wide flares on some other Liberty Walk/racing versions).

Thanks for the comments , just trying to show something different.

18 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

The wheels are familiar to me from a few Japanese kits and accessory sets, but where did the whitewalls come from?

Yeah the wheels are non chrome optional's from one of the kits, cant remember which though. The chrome on them is a Alclad.

The whitewall tyre's  where taken from the wheels out of a Lindberg Homie Hoppers. They are are good fit for Aoshima 14's.

17 hours ago, Draggon said:

It's not black! ? 

?  I can do other colours sometimes.

Edited by Cool Hand

• 3 months later...

That paint is superb! I like this build very much. The wheels are a perfect choice also.

I have been wanting to get a few of these to build but I'm not always sure what the car looks like from all angles since the box art doesn't always show the rear. I'll have to look for this kit.

Later-

• 2 weeks later...