Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rail Job

Avenger

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you all but what we did to the engine was that we got to small block chevy's and puttied them togheter and what else i did i had a Rat-Roaster kit and i took the seat out of it and used it as my drag racing seat and then i made the dashboard from scratch and i still need to do a little work on it :( like new headers the are rusty :lol: just kidding i just need bigger header it has exsualt running from the header now that is un-likely to see on a Rail-job when i first started i didn't have a floor board in it. It was just sitting on a peice of plastic so i thought hmmm. maybe i dont want his tail bone to get stab by a drive shaft so i put in a lot of steel a.k.a plastic!

post-3598-1225327630_thumb.jpgpost-3598-1225327654_thumb.jpgpost-3598-1225327681_thumb.jpgpost-3598-1225327703_thumb.jpgThis rail job took about 3 weeks to build doubled engine old fashied rollcage fire exguisher stick shift built sratch extended frame made floor board american racing back wheels stock pontiac front wheels

No offense intended, Avenger, but it looks like ###### from my end. The pics are really outta focus from here when I look at them. Might be something from my end based on the accolades you are getting from others on the list. Could you resend or something? I really can't see what you have posted as far as pics are concerned. Maybe have someone else take some pics and repost?

TimP

No offense intended, Avenger, but it looks like ###### from my end. The pics are really outta focus from here when I look at them. Might be something from my end based on the accolades you are getting from others on the list. Could you resend or something? I really can't see what you have posted as far as pics are concerned. Maybe have someone else take some pics and repost?

TimP

He's just a kid (12). Don't discourage him. I think it's great that he tries, so I give him a lot of credit for that. Maybe your builds are better, but to him his builds are just as good as anyone’s, and I thought this site was about the hobby, not discouraging a kid who's only been building for 3 months.

Way to encourage children to become interested in model building, Tim.

He's just a kid (12). Don't discourage him. I think it's great that he tries, so I give him a lot of credit for that. Maybe your builds are better, but to him his builds are just as good as anyone’s, and I thought this site was about the hobby, not discouraging a kid who's only been building for 3 months.

Way to encourage children to become interested in model building, Tim.

Hey Robert,

Chill out. I wasn't giving the kid a hard time. I really don't know what you guys are seeing on your end, but I TRULY can't see much on mine. I'm certain his builds are BETTER than mine at age 12, cuz I wasn't putting 2 engines together like that or other things that he has on this build.

I WANT to see his work and give encouragement, cuz he has gotten a lot of positive feedback. As I said, it could be and probably is, something on my end. When it comes to computers and all the wonderful things you can do with them, I'm still in the stone age, caveman type competency level!! :);)

I certainly hope we see more of his work here in the future. Just think how good he'll be when he gets to be our age!

TimP