Model Cars Magazine Forum

ok so on this build, I started a couple of years a go, got everything done just needed to be assembled but for some reason I put it back in the box and never finished it. the other day I found it and saw that I just needed to put the subassemblies together and here you go. Painted Tamiya TS-19 METALLIC BLUE, with hand painted wood bed floor. thank for looking.

20200620_154605_HDR[1].jpg

20200620_154641_HDR[1].jpg

20200620_154659_HDR[1].jpg

20200620_154714_HDR[1].jpg

There's a lot to like here but the two things that really stick out to me are the paint (great color and perfectly applied too) and the hand-painted bed.  

Question:  the "owner" bought all that Edelbrock Elite series engine dress-up stuff, but ran a stock manifold?   : )

Good stuff, man.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:52 PM, Deuces ll said:

Oh, beautiful!!!!.... ?

thank you Guido

On 7/15/2020 at 8:04 AM, espo said:

Very nice clean looking build. Great paint and color. Your hand painted bed wood looks better than most decals. 

thank you David

On 7/15/2020 at 8:30 AM, thatz4u said:

very nice, color looks great, well done

thank you Al

21 hours ago, Monty said:

There's a lot to like here but the two things that really stick out to me are the paint (great color and perfectly applied too) and the hand-painted bed.  

Question:  the "owner" bought all that Edelbrock Elite series engine dress-up stuff, but ran a stock manifold?   : )

Good stuff, man.

LOL he ran out of bucks, thank you Monte

17 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Very nice, well worth effort of getting out the box and finishing it off. The bed looks really effective.

thank you Nigel

3 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Very nice, love the color!

thank you Larry

You'll have to share your technique for painting that bed because it is perfect! Im rushed with memories right now, I had the same edition of this kit when I was young and remember very clearly the windshield and blinkers did not fit AT ALL.  I was too impatient to let the glue dry and the box kept falling apart, I eventually threw it across my room as hard as I could. A conversation with my dad soon followed. Thanks for digging out this gem and giving it a proper treatment!

On 7/17/2020 at 3:23 PM, SoDak1 said:

You'll have to share your technique for painting that bed because it is perfect! Im rushed with memories right now, I had the same edition of this kit when I was young and remember very clearly the windshield and blinkers did not fit AT ALL.  I was too impatient to let the glue dry and the box kept falling apart, I eventually threw it across my room as hard as I could. A conversation with my dad soon followed. Thanks for digging out this gem and giving it a proper treatment!

thanks Jeffery  I use a dry brush technique for the wood grain. 1st paint it a solid brown color then several lighter colors in a dry brush

On 7/18/2020 at 9:11 AM, BeakDoc said:

That’s just dang nice.

thanks Chris

On 7/18/2020 at 9:13 AM, crazyjim said:

Awesome truck.

thanks Jim

On 7/18/2020 at 5:19 PM, carrucha said:

Nice truck.  Very realistic wood graining in the bed.

thank you Hector