Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T

43 minutes ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Looks great.  Did u do that with a knife, or sand or from underneath?  Your skills are amazing!

Yes, I ground out what I could from the backside with a Dremel tool and then finished with some scraping with a flat X-acto blade, sand paper and sanding sticks.

Steve

Thanks guys!

I think I've finished up the vinyl top work.

Installed the chrome strips on the C-pillars and the roof seams using 0.01 x 0.03 evergreen strip.

This time I decided to fill the roof side of the seam strips to make them look a little more correct.

image.jpeg.a8b4e37f779bc01c83d8a26530446bc4.jpeg

image.jpeg.b0a45d001879b5a1c721cd97c22f8adb.jpeg

image.jpeg.b4e54d52396c0081d0406f20c4202b7b.jpeg

Steve

If I can make a suggestion. Add stryene strips to the edges of the roof  along the roof drain gutters. If you are doing a vinyl top the original trim on the kits is / gets far to shallow compared to the added trim at the base of the C pillar area

22 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

If I can make a suggestion. Add stryene strips to the edges of the roof  along the roof drain gutters. If you are doing a vinyl top the original trim on the kits is / gets far to shallow compared to the added trim at the base of the C pillar area

I think I'm good.

I always try to sand the C-pillar trim down to about the same thickness as the drip rail trim.

Steve

Here's my latest distraction. ^_^

It was obvious to me that the extremely faint wiring on the Revell Charger firewall was going to be extremely difficult, if not entirely impossible to detail once the firewall was covered in a couple of coats of primer and paint.

So I began some experimenting with creating a wiring harness from very thin copper wire.

Once I got it to the configuration I needed, I coated the twisted portions of the wire with 5 minute epoxy to hold everything in place.

Once cured, I can begin painting the wires and get them routed for installation.

image.jpeg.961c2d15844acecc01d9297dca7bb412.jpeg

Steve

Great idea making the harness !  I've done the same thing and after painting it black you can paint the individual wires different colors where they attach to the components .  Test your paint first .  I used some craft paint and it made the wires much thicker than I planned .