Model Cars Magazine Forum

Junk Yard Details Testing

tiking

Been testing out more weathering techniques in combination with diorama placements. Trying to make smaller diorama compositions but still trying to maintain, an overall cohesive look. Will be grinding the threads of the tyres to add more wear and tear, and fixing the sink holes on the container. But so far I think it looks good.

junk_details-vi.jpg
junk_details2-vi.jpg

junk_details4-vi.jpg
junk_details5-vi.jpg
junk_details6-vi.jpg
junk_details7-vi.jpg
junk_details8-vi.jpg
junk_details9-vi.jpg

------------------------------------------

junk3-vi.jpg
junk4-vi.jpg
junk5-vi.jpg
junk6-vi.jpg
junk7-vi.jpg

Edited by tiking

16 hours ago, ksnow said:

Superb weathering. Looks very realistic.

Thank you. 

15 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

That is some excellent work on that van windshield, well really everything overall.  Love the work you have done. 

I appreciate it. 

13 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Great work on the windshield, gasket and all!

Glad you approve. Thanks. 

Your work on the weathering (especially the container) is awesome!

In my opinion, it is too much Junk for the "small base". i'm asking myself: could the Ford carry the weight of the container or would it break done under the weight? it is my personal view.

22 minutes ago, Dominik said:

In my opinion, it is too much Junk for the "small base". i'm asking myself: could the Ford carry the weight of the container or would it break done under the weight? it is my personal view.

Complete agreement. The container would have buckled the cab completely. Also why would it have been placed there is such a position. I think the container could be removed and another car thrown across the vans rear chassis, and the realism would be spot on. The work though is really spectacular. The weathering is so good, it looks real.

On 10/11/2020 at 5:13 PM, PappyD340 said:

OUTSTANDING, very realistic, well done!

Appreciate it. Thank you.

On 10/13/2020 at 3:20 AM, doorsovdoon said:

Looks amazing! I drove mk2 Transits like that for a haulage company years ago, looks like one of my drop offs! "Just dump it there mate" haha!

HAHA!!! Good memories, I guess.

On 10/13/2020 at 9:36 AM, 1930fordpickup said:

Wow this is amazing. 

Glad you like it. Thanks.

On 10/13/2020 at 4:33 PM, Dominik said:

It probably would depending on how it was placed but one can only speculate. :) I'll see what I can do.

On 10/13/2020 at 5:00 PM, Jantrix said:

Complete agreement. The container would have buckled the cab completely. Also why would it have been placed there is such a position. I think the container could be removed and another car thrown across the vans rear chassis, and the realism would be spot on. The work though is really spectacular. The weathering is so good, it looks real.

Thank you for your point of view. 

11 hours ago, Dominik said:

Good Idea Rob!

Charles, please remove the conatiner and give us a look without it ?

I'll re-think and/or consider it. Thank you.

10 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

The weathering you have done looks AWESOME!

My 2 cents... The junk yards I have been in have more little bits on the ground like bolts and spark plug wires and broken chunks of black plastic. Interior pieces too.

In my opinion, a junk is a junk yard. Now, considering when and where the exact moment these things are , is a matter of opinion. I've been to junk yards where I have not seen a spark plug or the parts mentioned  in one particular area. Maybe in another part. I think on a broad aspect and not just one scene, but many different scenes. Think of it as one area among many different areas in one big location. Also, junk yards varies all over the world, and what things are found. I don't limit myself to a standard in a particular country. I have seen junk yards some-what similar to mine. Others with outrageous placement. One can not be fixed to just one type of scenario. :) Your 2-cent is well received. thank you.

Edited by tiking