Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Street Outlaws, Fastest in America


Recommended Posts

Thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode. It was great watching that loudmouth woman ("Milk Cow") from Kentucky get beat 8-1 by Birdman and the rest of the Texas crew. Her child, "Milk Dud," tore the driveshaft out of his truck, which had absolutely no business being in this race. He's been on the show four times now talking trash and I've seen him win twice--both times by sitting when the other guy accidentally "jumped."  Everyone else he's raced has beaten him handily. 

Disturbing, though, was that there was a whole promo/commercial devoted to Milk Cow. I HOPE they are not planning to start a whole new Street Outlaws show about her and her foulmouthed, obnoxious doings. If they do, I for one won't watch it, much as I love all things Street Outlaw. She'd be much better off with some of the trash over on the Bravo channel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a good deal of smack talk and some fighting on the original 405-based show, not so much on the Memphis-based one. JJ Da Boss is actually quite a gentleman and treats people with respect, which usually breeds respect in return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cobraman said:

I watch it and I could do with far less smack talk and more racing.  I guess this is the "reality" formula.

i street raced for years and it really is part of the game, i agree i could live without it but alot of people are always looking for any advantage possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

There's a good deal of smack talk and some fighting on the original 405-based show, not so much on the Memphis-based one. JJ Da Boss is actually quite a gentleman and treats people with respect, which usually breeds respect in return.

JJ is a family man first and Chris gordy (block) found that out the hard way saying what he said to Tricia...

Now here's the thing that i don't like about this fastest in America

#1 You can't have fastest in America without the 405! not possible

#2 Memphis should have been in the elimination rounds as well!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

JJ is a family man first and Chris gordy (block) found that out the hard way saying what he said to Tricia...

Now here's the thing that i don't like about this fastest in America

#1 You can't have fastest in America without the 405! not possible

#2 Memphis should have been in the elimination rounds as well!

Agree that the 405 should have been there. I think they were probably offered the opportunity and turned it down. Wouldn't have done their rep any good to NOT win. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Agree that the 405 should have been there. I think they were probably offered the opportunity and turned it down. Wouldn't have done their rep any good to NOT win. 

They were filming the okc show and pilgrim didn't want them on fastest in America.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

They were filming the okc show.

When will we see THAT again? They've been MIA all year. 

On a happy note, I see Battlebots will be back in a couple weeks. Yay! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cobraman said:

I watch it and I could do with far less smack talk and more racing.  I guess this is the "reality" formula.

Unfortunately that is true. Its done to broaden the veiwing audiencs. I'm not into fake drama and refuse to pay for tv when a majority of it is reality based programming. Besides too much fake drama in our daily lives without having to pay for the privilege of paying to watch it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

When will we see THAT again? They've been MIA 2all year. 

On a happy note, I see Battlebots will be back in a couple weeks. Yay! 

I heard they filmed 20 episodes that will air after JJ's season ends okc will start up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Beyond the silliness of the reality tv part((although it has no resemblence to reality) is the fact that it glorifies the illegal activity of street racing. Even NHRA told drivers if they raced in the shows that they would pull their racing license. What's next  a reality show glorifying bank robbery.

If they aren't racing on a track then the show needs to be pulled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Beyond the silliness of the reality tv part((although it has no resemblence to reality) is the fact that it glorifies the illegal activity of street racing. Even NHRA told drivers if they raced in the shows that they would pull their racing license. What's next  a reality show glorifying bank robbery.

If they aren't racing on a track then the show needs to be pulled.

You're not a fan. We got it. :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find I actually enjoy the human parts of these shows. I like everyone in the Memphis crew; they truly do seem to be a family, related by blood or not. They're interesting to me. There are several guys I like in the 405 crew but a few others I can't stand. 

In the Fastest in America races, it's hard for me to care about anyone I haven't seen before. I enjoyed watching Texas and NOLA and Detroit race, and will probably like at least some of SC and BSM next week.  I had a hard time caring about the teams from Wyoming or Iowa or wherever they were from. 

That Street Race Night in America show they had for a while was boring--nearly unwatchable. I couldn't care less about two random Fox-body Mustangs going down some random street. The leftover "grudge race" footage from last year's No Prep races was also pretty boring, as is the third hour of the current shows (more "grudge races"). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

The show sucks.Too many morons arguing and talking, and not enough racing.The cars are the stars ,not the racers.

Watched it once for about 15 minutes and had enough of it.. Yeah, the show sucks big time. I’ve got better things to watch than sit through 2 - 3 hours of stupidity amongst morons. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

The very best drag racing,IMO,was “Past Time”,when Speed Vision was still around.Funny,and lots of cool cars.And rarely any morons.Lol?

i hated all those shows, i thought they were all bogus especially pinks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I find I actually enjoy the human parts of these shows. I like everyone in the Memphis crew; they truly do seem to be a family, related by blood or not. They're interesting to me. There are several guys I like in the 405 crew but a few others I can't stand. 

In the Fastest in America races, it's hard for me to care about anyone I haven't seen before. I enjoyed watching Texas and NOLA and Detroit race, and will probably like at least some of SC and BSM next week.  I had a hard time caring about the teams from Wyoming or Iowa or wherever they were from. 

That Street Race Night in America show they had for a while was boring--nearly unwatchable. I couldn't care less about two random Fox-body Mustangs going down some random street. The leftover "grudge race" footage from last year's No Prep races was also pretty boring, as is the third hour of the current shows (more "grudge races"). 

Snake, I am of nearly the same opinion as you. I like the folks that are basically well behaved and have fast cars. JJ has grown as a person over the years but the show is hard to watch when I have so little free time. I have TiVo so I fast forward through all the drama until I see tire smoke. Then I know a race is actually going to happen. Some shows are 12 minutes in before the first actual race happens. I could do without JJs commentary to his "harem" after each race. I just saw the race with my own eyes. I know what just happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't had cable since 2008, ditched the TV.  Don't miss being a couch potato, sitting like a zombie.  Now I'm a couch potato giving my unasked for opinion.
A few years ago, wife had business stuff in Phoenix, we had a nice motel room.  I binged on this show for a day, they had a marathon.  I hated all the ads, for starters.  I hated all the replaying the stupid drama before the ads, because I guess people forget?  The drama made guys look like grade school playground bullies.  Then they had to replay previous episodes highlights, much like sports, which I don't watch either.  Makes sense to waste so much time, to milk out a 10 second drag race between the "stars".  The only reason I picked this, was because of Farm Truck.  I just despise the "reality" TV format, like watching a mountain climber in a blizzard, all alone, the cameraman is the real stud having to keep the camera working!  Anyway, I can live up to this resolution, to never watch those shows again.  Jay Leno and High Gear are my preferred addiction.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...