Model Cars Magazine Forum

Instant rat rod via 30 ford resing parts?

Just came across an interesting listing on Ebay regarding parts to assemble for a 1930 Ford.  According to the seller/maker, "This auction is for the iron coated parts so you don't need to prep an paint like a regular model. Aside from the radiator an surround all the parts are cold-cast in real iron powder. So other than some lite primer or distressed paint you would leave the surface raw. What is left raw can then be rusted with white vinegar for a rusted out rat rod appearance. So this kit is only meant for those wanting a rusty rat rod build."

Hmmm, got me interested.  Anyone out there have any experience with the kit or seller?

Oldman

30 Ford kit.jpg

I don't have experience with this seller but I've seen something similar with resin parts whrew the resin is mixed with metal filing. I want to say Model Car garage used to sell things like carbs cast with real metal filing. A somebody who's never gotten the hang of simulating rust with paint I'm intrigued!