Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO21 Ford CL9000

That's a great looking rig. I always thought Ford did some  great looking machines, but they never got the credit they deserved. The grille on that cabover is immense! The Louisville was a great looking conventional when it was all dressed up too. I remember a red and white one on the front of their  brochure and I just fell in love with it. 

That transkit looks super clean or have you just done loads of work on clean-up? Whatever, it's a fantastic result. Two-holes look good too. Isn't it  funny that truckers spent a fortune dressing up their rigs and we spend as much dressing them down! 

23 hours ago, Rockford said:

That's a great looking rig. I always thought Ford did some  great looking machines, but they never got the credit they deserved. The grille on that cabover is immense! The Louisville was a great looking conventional when it was all dressed up too. I remember a red and white one on the front of their  brochure and I just fell in love with it. 

That transkit looks super clean or have you just done loads of work on clean-up? Whatever, it's a fantastic result. Two-holes look good too. Isn't it  funny that truckers spent a fortune dressing up their rigs and we spend as much dressing them down! 

I really like the look of these cabovers as well. They really draw attention to themselves. The kit itself was easy to work with. Just minimal cleanup was required on the cab. All the other pieces were flawless. 

15 hours ago, Sergey said:

Well done, Brian!

I hope it is not too late to say that wiper arms need some more bending each side.

Thank you. Yes, you are correct. The material is so brittle though. I will probably be replacing these at some point. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 1:01 AM, Dutzie said:

.... looking for new wipers. 

I guess it  might be too tricky to find 2 parallel wiper arms amoung PE wipers. You better leave these.

One more thing: will you paint black middle line between grills?

Edited by Sergey