Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Right Hand Drive Duesenberg

goldfingers

Holy smokes! Does anybody know how much work you are seeing here? These represent a truly Herculean challenge as these are both models that do not exist in a box. Right hand drive, custom bumpers, scratch built hood panels, rerouted exhaust,  scratch built interiors, hand laced wheels, and on and on. These are nothing short of fabulous! I am absolutely blown away by one...but two one-offs? Amazing work here.

15 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

Holy smokes! Does anybody know how much work you are seeing here? These represent a truly Herculean challenge as these are both models that do not exist in a box. Right hand drive, custom bumpers, scratch built hood panels, rerouted exhaust,  scratch built interiors, hand laced wheels, and on and on. These are nothing short of fabulous! I am absolutely blown away by one...but two one-offs? Amazing work here.

Hello Eric,

In the fifties,I literaly fallen in love for Duesenberg in a show at Pittsburgh where was exposed the fantastic " Gretta Garbo " .

My first Duesenberg transformation I did was made in 1960 ( from a 1/24 monogram kit ).After several others bodies,I gone to the 1/43 scale.

From '64 to '72 I was employed in the Dinky Toys company as official model man.

After some jobs in the '70,I gone to do my personnal  1/43 miniature in series with my Elegance label, starting with a production of differents

marks of prestigious automobile ( Duesenberg is one of them ),then I go to do many Cadillac ( with the help of Yann Saunders for the documentation ),and Rolls Royce.

Now,at 82,retired but not stopped,I do some models as this Duesenberg,just for my pleasure ( and yours ).