Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Sebring #2 Grand Sport Corvette

thanks guys

7 hours ago, Force said:

Looking good.
Now I know where all the Grand Sport Corvette kits ended up. ;)
There were only five of these cars built of the 125 originally planned, are you doing all versions of them used over the years?

there is still about  10 more  versions i have not done, but may do a couple more down the road.

Fun coincidence: I received this kit as a gift 15-16 years ago when I was a teenager. I was too intimidated then by the two tone paint job so I never even opened the kit. Shortly after I completely gave up modeling, until last year. Last night I was bored and finally opened the wrapper and took a look at it. And here you’ve finished the very kit a week and a half ago. I’m still intimidated by it haha! I’ll build it eventually once I get a couple two-tones under my belt.

Yours looks great!

• 1 month later...

Beautiful execution of the two-tone/ pin striped GS. I assume this is the Accurate Miniatures kit, a challenging one to build well. I completed a light metallic blue one a few years ago and remember struggling for days with the fit and alignment of the engine, front end assembly, exhaust headers and hood fit. Still, the Grand Sport is such an awesome looking race car and that AM Webber topped engine is so cool it makes the kit assembly hassles worth it. Your build has inspired me to take a crack someday on this two-two version. I like your taped over headlight covers, looks more realistic than the painted over white ones I’ve seen on other builds. Thanks for posting!