Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your cat!

Venom

1 hour ago, Dave Ambrose said:

Guess I'd better include Shasta, my little build buddy.

Thanks for including Shasta...she’s a beautiful cat!😊

And thanks for the hard work you do helping keep this great site stable. It is a privilege to be here.

13 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

How darling ! Thank you for rescuing those little angels ❤️

Tæo loves to be near me when I open a new kit (or anything in a box) . I leave the boxes around for him to play with ; he loves talking to them ( trilling , grunting , and meowing --- the only time he's vocal ) . 

Very nice! My neighbor sent me a pic of Taz curled up in the lid of his model box last year!! I'll post it later! It's cute..

I love seeing all these pics.  We lost our two cats ( Shelby and Cali ) a couple years ago to kidney problems. I have been wrestling with the idea of getting another. I sure do miss them. Cali would follow me around like a dog and wait outside the bathroom door for me.

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

I love seeing all these pics.  We lost our two cats ( Shelby and Cali ) a couple years ago to kidney problems. I have been wrestling with the idea of getting another. I sure do miss them. Cali would follow me around like a dog and wait outside the bathroom door for me.

Ray, I’m sorry to hear of your loss, it’s always a hard thing to confront and deal with. I went a long time before getting another cat after I had to put my childhood cat down in my twenties, only to have the next one have a seizure and die before my eyes, but I now could not be happier with the two amazing cats I adopted. I know that one day they will also have to leave, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, they are giving my life so much more richness. I doubt you’ll regret it if you get another.

3 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Oop . ack. I love it! 

Glad someone got it!  

Attention Ladies and Gentlemensas; Bill the Cat is in town for a limited engagement all the way from Bloom County!

My favorite cat of all time.

Ack!  

🌵😎

This is Chunk. Chunk is/was a Tortishell or Torti as they are called. I lost her in 2018 due to fleas and her being an advanced age [16]. She fetched, came when called. Was an absolute hoot and talked a blue streak. She was wise beyond hers or anyone else's years and was as lovable as they get. She slept with me most nights and was a great girlfriend foil. If she liked you then it was good. If not, then you got the boot. Helen is my love and she is the only woman to have ever passed Chunk's test.

Chunk was loyal to a fault and was easily the best mouser on the east coast. She was originally my mothers kittie but circumstances and all that.  She is on Youtube for her antics but I wanted to shine a light on here here.

She is greatly missed and she lives in internment on a hill overlooking a meadow of such wonder that I am jealous she is dead and living there. It's that nice. I buried her myself as tears streamed down my face and am forever grateful to have known her. You would have been too. Her Tortitude can be seen on full display in this close up pic.

I miss her daily.

chunk.jpg

3 hours ago, Dragline said:

This is Chunk. Chunk is/was a Tortishell or Torti as they are called. I lost her in 2018 due to fleas and her being an advanced age [16]. She fetched, came when called. Was an absolute hoot and talked a blue streak. She was wise beyond hers or anyone else's years and was as lovable as they get. She slept with me most nights and was a great girlfriend foil. If she liked you then it was good. If not, then you got the boot. Helen is my love and she is the only woman to have ever passed Chunk's test.

Chunk was loyal to a fault and was easily the best mouser on the east coast. She was originally my mothers kittie but circumstances and all that.  She is on Youtube for her antics but I wanted to shine a light on here here.

She is greatly missed and she lives in internment on a hill overlooking a meadow of such wonder that I am jealous she is dead and living there. It's that nice. I buried her myself as tears streamed down my face and am forever grateful to have known her. You would have been too. Her Tortitude can be seen on full display in this close up pic.

I miss her daily.

Bob, Thanks for sharing the great photo with us as well your bitter sweet story about Chunk....and Helen. What a beautiful cat!💛

6 hours ago, Venom said:

Bob, Thanks for sharing the great photo with us as well your bitter sweet story about Chunk....and Helen. What a beautiful cat!💛

Thank You Josh. All the Kitties here are beautiful and those that have them know it is not ownership so much as a partnership. Cats cannot be owned. They simply don't allow it. They will stay with you if you keep them fed and loved however.

Eventually they end up owning you.

14 hours ago, cobraman said:

Sounds absolutely lovable. How lucky you are to have such devotion in your life... I am about to move into a new house and I think it is time for a Kittie. I'm thinking a British shorthair or perhaps a Munchkin. I am in love with both types. I still miss my Chunk every day.

Hi all, I love this topic !! 

here is our queen,Jazzy. We got her about 2 years ago. We have a website called Nextdoor in our area. People can send messages,stories and items for sale or free.

Someone about 1/2 mile from us posted that she had to find a new home for her. She was moving in with boyfriend and he is allergic to cats.

We went over to see if she liked us. we hit it off right away and picked her up the next day. Saving her from the shelter.

she is about 8 years old now,uses litterbox 100% of the time. She is inside only and sleeps with me at my chest. Once in a while she will sleep at my wife's feet.

She does not like to be pickeed up,but when I am sitting in my flop chair,she will come and curl up next to me,usually on my arm.

We are so lucky she adopted us!!

One pic is of her as a kitten,sent by former owner.

Jazzy1.jpg

Jazzy.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gbdolfans said:

Hi all, I love this topic !! 

here is our queen,Jazzy. We got her about 2 years ago. We have a website called Nextdoor in our area. People can send messages,stories and items for sale or free.

Someone about 1/2 mile from us posted that she had to find a new home for her. She was moving in with boyfriend and he is allergic to cats.

We went over to see if she liked us. we hit it off right away and picked her up the next day. Saving her from the shelter.

she is about 8 years old now,uses litterbox 100% of the time. She is inside only and sleeps with me at my chest. Once in a while she will sleep at my wife's feet.

She does not like to be pickeed up,but when I am sitting in my flop chair,she will come and curl up next to me,usually on my arm.

We are so lucky she adopted us!!

One pic is of her as a kitten,sent by former owner.

Jazzy1.jpg

Jazzy.jpg

It must be a trait of this type of tortie as our Toffy is exactly the same. In fact, she is lying on my wrist as I try to type this😁

stev  

Edited by Earl Marischal

1 hour ago, Earl Marischal said:

It must be a trait of this type of tortie as our Toffy is exactly the same. In fact, she is lying on my wrist as I try to type this😁

stev  

Same is true for Chunk. She did not like to be picked up at all. What an odd trait to be attached to a type of Kitties.

Oh, and Jazzy is a beautiful Kitties BTW. Just stunning.

Edited by Dragline

8 hours ago, peteski said:

While not my cat (I lost mine long time ago), I figured you all would enjoy seeing just how graceful and gentle this cat is. None of the small details get knocked over. Amazing!

Thanks Peter, that video is really great! Perfect for this topic too...cats and models😄 Watching it amazes me how they know where thier back feet are stepping. The diorama is also amazing!

On 2/10/2021 at 7:31 AM, Dragline said:

Same is true for Chunk. She did not like to be picked up at all. What an odd trait to be attached to a type of Kitties.

Oh, and Jazzy is a beautiful Kitties BTW. Just stunning.

My Yori doesn't like to be picked up........at least initially. She fusses a bit when you do, then she calms down as I guess she sees it's me and not someone else. :D

• Like 1