Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 64 Fairlane Stock Hood

It's unfortunate that The Modelhaus has closed down because they had what you're looking for.
The AMT kit is a top of the line 500 Sports Coupe and it has a specific hood wich has a chromed fake scoop inlet trim on it, that's not on any of the other Fairlane models so it's missing on the stock hood from the Revell kit as it's a base model.
I used to own a 500 Sports Coupe for 12 years so I have been around them.

7 hours ago, Force said:

The AMT kit is a top of the line 500 Sports Coupe and it has a specific hood wich has a chromed fake scoop inlet trim on it, that's not on any of the other Fairlane.

Your statement has generated a question for me.   Are there any differences between 1963 & 1964 Fairlane 500 hoods?  ....did a simple interweb image search.....looks pretty much the same to me.....but,  Hey!    ...I'm not a Ford guy ....anyways.

5 hours ago, Khils said:

Your statement has generated a question for me.   Are there any differences between 1963 & 1964 Fairlane 500 hoods?  ....did a simple interweb image search.....looks pretty much the same to me.....but,  Hey!    ...I'm not a Ford guy ....anyways.

Not a 100% sure but i think they are some differences.

Edited by Scott8950
1 hour ago, Khils said:

Take "Great" caution with this parts vampire....took me twice... I will NOT give him a third opportunity!!

1 hour ago, Khils said:

Take "Great" caution with this parts vampire....took me twice... I will NOT give him a third opportunity!!

I have purchased several parts from him. EXTREMELY SLOW shipping, No response to emails, poor attitude, etc, etc, etc. That being said, I have always received what I paid for from him

When I see response to feedback like this (and he has tons of it) I just move along. No matter what they are selling and for how cheap. Jeff, you are blessed that he has sent you what you have ordered.

image.png.8c1efd6f36abe345658c88e3a7ccbb9b.png