Model Cars Magazine Forum

25 minutes ago, paulstang68 said:

Hello Fellow modelers!   Does anyone know where I can find the metal axles found in 1/25 scale Semi Trucks??? Thanks.

I have this same question.  

Tig welding filler rod is available in 1/16”, 3/32”, and 1/8” diameter. Wire coat hangers are about 3/32”, but the actual size can vary greatly, so check more than one. 

Edited by NOBLNG

K&S Metals offers 1/16" diameter (.062) music wire, the standard diameter for kit axles.  Found at hobby shops and many hardware stores. K&S 1/16" brass rod will do in a pinch,and cuts easier than steel music wire.

I have used "Wire Brads" and "Wire Nails"  that I have picked up at Home Depot. They have several sizes but I have been using size 3/4 X 18 and 3/4 X 17  for axels . They cost a couple of bucks for a dozen in a package. 

I've used bicycle spokes for a couple of my kits that were missing the axles. Slightly wider diameter, so the wheel backs will usually need to be drilled slightly larger for them to fit. You can pick up a pack for a few quid.

A well equiped hobby shop or model train store will probably have it. They come in 3 ft lengths in various sizes. Good Luck finding a well stocked store.