Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT '32 Ford Tudor Sedan

Casey

The Iron Lady and the other '32 Vicky kits were of the Victoria body style. The AMT T133 kit and all of the reissues were of what Ford called the Tudoor body style. The main difference has to do with the way the rear of the body is shaped. That said they both are great looking body styles for the '32 and deserve our building attention. 

They never reissued the T133 Tudor iirc since that issue, which was only stock/fendered issue. Only other issue was the custom in Willys/custom Tudor double kit. They found the 25?/27 T Roadster issued once about the same time in Street Rods series, so hope springs eternal they may have that tool. It's same as the Vic/Phaeton other than body and interior. Had 5 hole Ansen-ish wheels that Phaeton had. A woody/B400/Tudor with corrected lower body would sell, I'd think. With Monograms I'd guess. no. 

Hi Casey, here are my three versions.  They have been on here before but may be of interest to people who want to know more about this kit. All are essentially box stock bodies except that I have removed the "fabric" insert on the jalopy and the showcar. If you want to build a stock bodied Tudor, the phaeton is the best donor kit as it ahs the correct length interior tub.  The Vicky tub is noticeably shorter.

I also find that the AMT "factory section" is not as visible on full fendered cars with dark paint!

Cheers

Alan

IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2473.JPG

IMG_2482.JPG

Front view.jpg

Rear view.jpg

Edited by alan barton
wrong photo
  • Like 5

• 4 months later...

Other than the body and glass, none of the parts from the custom sedan ever surfaced again after the double kit issues.  Once the Willys was changed to include the pickup version, that was it.

Some of the Gasser series (cartoon box art) Willys kits include the Ford, others include only the Willys but with the pickup version.  The box art shows only the Willys coupe, nothing else is shown or mentioned.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mark said:

The version that imitates the Revell Orange Crate, or the one that mimics the Monogram Li'l Coffin?

Doesn't really matter. First time I'd seen that instruction sheet.  Just curious to see how close one could get mining the parts packs.

Edited by mk11

On 6/1/2022 at 11:46 AM, Mark said:

Other than the body and glass, none of the parts from the custom sedan ever surfaced again after the double kit issues.  Once the Willys was changed to include the pickup version, that was it.

Some of the Gasser series (cartoon box art) Willys kits include the Ford, others include only the Willys but with the pickup version.  The box art shows only the Willys coupe, nothing else is shown or mentioned.

My guess is that quite a few of the sedan parts inserts still reside in the Willys tool. I realize the pickup cab, interior, and bed parts take up some real estate, but that still doesn't equal a full kit. That could even be where the missing body is...

• 2 weeks later...