Model Cars Magazine Forum

First gen Falcons

As you have probably figured out, I like the first gen Falcons. The sedan I am currently working on is the third in my collection.  I wondered if there were any other body styles that were kitted or produced in resin. I almost purchased a lot on ebay that were 1960 promos but they were warped and cracked. I would like to make a convertible and probably can turn a sedan into one if there were no convertibles made.  So if anyone has any first gen Falcons that they would part with for the right trade, let me know.

TIA

Sam 

I checked the famous auction site and the earliest convertible I could find was 1963. As for promos, all I found had the typical promo smile.

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

RMR makes a nice 4 door wagon!

46D47A1D-C7CB-44CA-B633-DFB1D876D7FC.jpeg.9ef79e411869d64771fee069f01ff1de.jpeg

56886811-7093-46A2-B0B9-B26F6B006830.jpeg.48471d481d72581834f212dcacf82454.jpeg

Does that happen to your wagon Tom?  I do not find a picture on their site, just a listing. 😄

19 hours ago, afx said:

I have yet to find a decent promo, they may exist but I have never seen one.

Several years ago I was at the Old Toledo Toy show. Right by the front door there was a Falcon Promo that was in nice shape. I walked over to Ron Cash's both and said something to him about it. He popped up out of his chair and was gone in seconds. And yes at the next show I purchased a Resin copy from him for my brother.

On 3/26/2021 at 1:16 AM, Sam I Am said:

As you have probably figured out, I like the first gen Falcons. The sedan I am currently working on is the third in my collection.  I wondered if there were any other body styles that were kitted or produced in resin. I almost purchased a lot on ebay that were 1960 promos but they were warped and cracked. I would like to make a convertible and probably can turn a sedan into one if there were no convertibles made.  So if anyone has any first gen Falcons that they would part with for the right trade, let me know.

TIA

Sam 

Pm me I may have what you need

23 hours ago, iBorg said:

I checked the famous auction site and the earliest convertible I could find was 1963. As for promos, all I found had the typical promo smile.

'63 was the first year for the 1:1 convertible.

AMT made promos every year through '66, maybe '67.  Kits every year through '69, though the '68 and '69 lacked stock wheels.  '60 through '62 were two-door sedans, '63 a Sprint convertible, '64 and '65 were hardtops and convertibles, '66-'69 were back to the two-door sedan as there were no 1:1 hardtops or convertible Falcons after '65.  The '65 hardtop kit still exists as the funny car, the '69 as the Modified Stocker.

On 3/26/2021 at 11:30 PM, Sam I Am said:

Does that happen to your wagon Tom?  I do not find a picture on their site, just a listing. 😄

Yes. I bought it from Ron at the last NNL Nationals. I took the pix. 

There's also a resin wagon conversion roof.

Easiest to swap it on to a readily available Ranchero, but of course it requires filling the 2-door rear shut line and scribing a new rear door.

It's unfortunately somewhat saggy through the roof section...something on my early to-fix list after I'm resettled out West.

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

Yes. I bought it from Ron at the last NNL Nationals. I took the pix. 

I will wait until first of May and then send a message. 

52 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

There's also a resin wagon conversion roof.

Easiest to swap it on to a readily available Ranchero, but of course it requires filling the 2-door rear shut line and scribing a new rear door.

It's unfortunately somewhat saggy through the roof section...something on my early to-fix list after I'm resettled out West.

That sounds like work, but probably a much cheaper route.