Model Cars Magazine Forum

green t bucket

johnz

another t street rod,what can i say? I like street rods.amt body with shortened pickup bed amt frame modified here and there.nailhead from revell model A made a dual quad manifold so I could finally use the cal custom scoops I've been hanging onto for 50+ years added some details to the block casting old revell parts pak radiator and grill shell radiator was widened for better cooling wired and plumbed.Was going for the look of aT built maybe in the seventies then upgraded over the years,the questions and comments welcome.

PXL_20210402_195900979.jpg

PXL_20210402_195925257.jpg

PXL_20210402_200105470.jpg

PXL_20210402_200207283.jpg

PXL_20210402_200142375.jpg

PXL_20210402_200300389.jpg

PXL_20210402_200514690.jpg

PXL_20210402_200441564.jpg

thanks to all for the comments.mark the headers are from mpc's fire truck,i cut them apart so i could fit them to the nailhead added the mufflers and flanges.screwed up on the bolt pattern should be just the opposite of what i've got but it was too far along by the time i noticed it,oh well

9 hours ago, johnz said:

thanks to all for the comments.mark the headers are from mpc's fire truck,i cut them apart so i could fit them to the nailhead added the mufflers and flanges.screwed up on the bolt pattern should be just the opposite of what i've got but it was too far along by the time i noticed it,oh well

"screwed up on the bolt pattern should be just the opposite of what i've got" Oh for shame John...how could you make that mistake?...are you kiddin' me? Minor error (which I doubt anyone noticed) aside...this is probably the nicest "T-Bucket" model I've seen. One of the things that sets it off is the use of the 50yr old scoops. Those alone add so much to the engine!

Really gorgeous and tasteful bucket T model! Looks like a real one you photographed at the GNRS! I particularly love the engine detailing (carbs, fuel lines, linkage, throttle return spring (guitar string?)) and those beautiful cal custom scoops. How did you do the chrome parts on this build (metallic paint? Alclad?)? Great job in making the chrome/ bare metal look real and avoiding the model car “toy” chrome look.